Shanghai banks told to limit loans to property developers - report
Banks in China's financial hub Shanghai have been asked by authorities to limit loans to property developers for land purchases and to scrutinize would-be borrowers suspected of trying to access mortgages by getting divorced, the Shanghai Daily reported on Friday.
The steps were the latest in a string of measures around the country to try to cool a property market seen at risk of overheating.
Quoting unidentified commercial bankers, the newspaper said banks were told that housing developers should pay at least 30 percent down on residential projects instead of relying on bank loans.
It said... read more
- 21:21 Naked waffle house gunman disarmed by hero customer after killing...
- 21:20 Who will Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal have to beat to set up...
- 21:19 Burton man avoids jail after stealing clothing from Peacocks
- 21:19 Dan’s the man as Zamparelli cruises to victory
- 21:19 Hundreds turn up to say farewell to adored Chester busker Jonny Walker
- 21:17 Katie Price insists she did train for London Marathon - after...
- 21:17 Fifth successive defeat as season fades in poor finish
- 21:15 Arsene Wenger provides injury update on THREE Arsenal stars ahead...
- 21:14 Motorway closed in both directions due to "police incident"
- 21:09 Barcelona eye up Chelsea boss Antonio Conte to replace Ernesto...
- 21:07 WEEKEND WEB: We should be reducing our reliance on imports
- 21:03 Motorway closed in both directions due to "police incident"
- 20:56 Best of British: Sir Mo Farah left gasping by brutal pace but he...
- 20:55 Katie Price fires back after failing to finish London Marathon
- 20:55 'We would be better off in EU' say more than half of people in survey
- 20:52 The Big Brexit Survey: Does Coventry still want to leave the EU?
- 20:51 Motorway closed in both directions due to "police incident"
- 20:50 Mum finds out stillborn baby could have been saved three times
- 20:49 This is how many people in Doncaster think UK will be better off...
- 20:48 Meet the man who's survived a snake, bear and shark attack
- 20:45 Katie Price slams suggestions she didn’t train for London Marathon...
- 20:43 Council of Europe members suspected of corruption, inquiry reveals
- 20:42 Lara Dickenmann’s strike for Wolfsburg leaves Chelsea with mountain...
- 20:42 Catalans Dragons do enough to get past spirited York City Knights
- 20:34 Gary Ballance sends Yorkshire to verge of win against Nottinghamshire
- 20:34 Derbyshire poised for victory over Middlesex
- 20:30 Richard Leonard calls for more action by Labour on federalism
- 20:29 The REAL reason why Jose Mourinho didn't celebrate Man Utd's...
- 20:29 Arsenal hero Alan Smith reveals the ‘perfect’ replacement for...
- 20:26 MATT ROBERTS: After a big heart op I want to get fit, not put my...