Shanghai banks told to limit loans to property developers - report
Banks in China's financial hub Shanghai have been asked by authorities to limit loans to property developers for land purchases and to scrutinize would-be borrowers suspected of trying to access mortgages by getting divorced, the Shanghai Daily reported on Friday.
The steps were the latest in a string of measures around the country to try to cool a property market seen at risk of overheating.
Quoting unidentified commercial bankers, the newspaper said banks were told that housing developers should pay at least 30 percent down on residential projects instead of relying on bank loans.
It said... read more
- 16:05 Dispute over college playing field one step closer to being resolved
- 16:04 London remains UK's richest area as North-South divide WIDENS
- 16:04 Have you seen this man?
- 16:04 Man charged with attempted murder after boy suffers gunshot wound
- 16:04 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 16:04 Chelsea hold advantage over Arsenal and Liverpool in £80m Thomas...
- 16:02 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 16:01 What is a Hanukkah candle called and when do you light them?
- 16:02 Tyson Fury free to return to the ring after reaching agreement with...
- 16:01 Six of Queen’s swans stabbed and beheaded ‘by Croydon Cat Killer’
- 16:02 Appeal to find 14-year-old missing from home
- 16:01 Ice ‘pancakes’ appear overnight on the River Tees
- 16:00 Flats could be demolished in Lincoln to build 325 homes at proposed...
- 15:58 Schools debate prompts anger
- 15:58 Who is Max Evans?
- 15:58 Can you go home if your office is too cold in winter?
- 15:58 Driver WARNING - Thieves are targeting motorists defrosting their cars
- 15:58 Ryanair pilots vote for day of strikes
- 15:58 Brighton boss Chris Hughton demands Wembley response against...
- 15:58 Arsenal stars wrap up warm in training ahead of midweek test...
- 15:58 Star Wars 8 The Last Jedi PREMIERE at Royal Albert Hall: How to...
- 15:58 A&E departments miss Scottish Government’s waiting targets
- 15:58 Tyson Fury takes huge step to boxing return despite UKAD ban
- 15:57 Katie Price faces backlash after 'body shaming' Holly Willoughby...
- 15:56 Tyson Fury is BACK: Heavyweight handed two-year drugs ban but is...
- 15:56 Chelsea news: Alex Sandro tells Juventus he wants Blues transfer...
- 15:56 PICTURES: Dog stuck in table rescued by Buxton firefighters
- 15:56 Police appeal for help to locate Stratford man wanted on recall to...
- 15:56 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 15:56 Long Eaton school win Royal Horticultural Society design challenge