Shaken baby sceptic begins appeal
A consultant paediatrician who disputed the existence of "shaken baby syndrome" has begun her appeal against being struck off.
A tribunal concluded in March that Dr Waney Squier had gone beyond her expertise and had intentionally misled in a number of court cases.
Neuropathologist Dr Squier, who was based at Oxford's John Radcliffe hospital, denies this.
Her lawyers told the High Court she had given her honestly held opinion.
Shaken baby syndrome, also known as SBS, is a controversial diagnosis that causes about 250 criminal and family court cases a year.
Dr Squier acted as an... read more
- 10:14 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:13 Grantham Journal letter: One complaint ULHT? Very funny
- 10:13 Grantham Journal column: We will not accept downgrade of services...
- 10:13 Arsenal lining up transfer move for Manchester City starlet...
- 10:13 Marcus Rashford will be as good as Antoine Griezmann, insists...
- 10:13 Mino Raiola reveals hilarious reason why Man Utd star Zlatan...
- 10:12 WATCH: Running Form shows support for Burton's Queen's Hospital...
- 10:10 Badly-prepared walkers warned they're risking lives in Cumbria
- 10:10 Cumbrian-based TV chef's California dream
- 10:10 New weather warning issued for Cumbria as stormy weather continues...
- 10:10 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 10:08 Manny Pacquiao reveals terms agreed with Amir Khan for April 23 fight
- 10:08 Rey Vargas too good for Gavin McDonnell as Mexican takes WBC...
- 10:07 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 10:07 Rab C Nesbitt stars inspired by Still Game to bring show to stage
- 10:07 13 super-cute cooking accessories to up your pancake game
- 10:07 'He's acting like an idiot' Mum of tragic boxer Mike Towell blasts...
- 10:07 In-spire-d way of ‘doing church’
- 10:07 Northumberland Camera Club: Snap to it and join our photo band
- 10:06 This lorry driver's heartfelt letter to people of Derby after being...
- 10:05 Literary and Scientific Society: Inequality and social anxiety
- 10:05 Price of stamps to increase
- 10:03 Arsenal starlet stretchered off after suffering serious looking injury
- 10:03 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 10:02 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 10:00 Driver who speeded along Lincoln's busiest city centre road ordered...
- 10:00 Ask Andy: Should couples have threesomes and how to bat off...
- 09:59 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:58 Chelsea star sends emotional message to Premier League rival
- 09:58 Taliban leader urges Afghans to plant more trees