SFO alerted as former BHS owner Dominic Chappell 'chose NOT to pay tax'
Dominic Chappell’s private company appears to have made a ‘deliberate decision’ not to pay its tax and VAT bills and instead chose to pay out hundreds of thousands of pounds in dividends to Chappell, according to a report prepared for MPs.
The study by accountancy professor Prem Sikka, commissioned by the Work and Pensions Committee, called for the Serious Fraud Office to be alerted to his findings and for MPs and investigators to probe in detail any firm ever owned by Chappell.
Frank Field MP, the committee’s chairman, told The Mail on Sunday this weekend he had forwarded Prof Sikka’s... read more
- 00:01 Heal thyself: meet the doctors living with the conditions they treat
- 00:01 ‘So, you know I have bipolar?’ – the perils of dating with a mental...
- 00:01 Sweet and savoury recipes for pancake day
- 00:01 The 20 best French recipes: part 1
- 00:01 EU states back call for UK to agree €60bn exit bill before trade talks
- 00:01 'Dinner with the Donald': Nigel Farage joins Trump's table at...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn: give Labour more time to develop appealing policies
- 00:01 Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'
- 00:01 EU nationals: have you applied for permanent residency? Share stories
- 00:01 What policies should Jeremy Corbyn's Labour pursue?
- 00:01 Dutch woman with two British children told to leave UK after 24 years
- 01:25 Holy Trinity! Kendall Jenner touches down in Paris dressed like...
- 00:01 Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit
- 01:25 10 questions we need answering after the return of Broadchurch...
- 00:01 Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- 00:01 Corbyn told: take blame for Copeland byelection flop or we face...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn told not to 'pass the buck' after Labour defeat
- 00:01 Lost: test results diagnosing Jeremy Hunt with terminal incompetence
- 00:01 London must remain open to the world
- 00:01 Be fierce, furious, and fight! Join the Raccoons of the Resistance!
- 00:01 Enough navel-gazing. It’s time Labour got back to work
- 00:01 Stoke shows how to destroy Ukip – split the alienated voters and...
- 00:01 The parallels between Scottish nationalism and racism are clear
- 00:01 George Freeman’s dismissal of anxiety is pig-ignorance and must be...
- 00:01 The Guardian view on George W Bush: a welcome return
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk