Seven in ten teenagers believe they will NEVER be able to buy a home as prices continue to rise
The extent to which the struggle for first-time buyers is denting ambitions even further down the scale has been revealed in a new survey.
The vast majority of those aged 16 to 18 believe they will never be able to afford to buy their own home, the poll suggested.
The research found that 70 per cent in that age bracket do not expect to be able to afford to buy a home.
It is the latest evidence of how a combination of rising house prices and a lack of wage growth is keeping many from owning a place of their own - and preventing some even dreaming of one day being first-time buyers.
The... read more
- 07:25 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 07:25 Liam Boyce's return to Northern Ireland squad is a 'great boost'...
- 07:24 Pothole repair
- 07:24 Thirst for justice that cannot be ignored
- 07:23 Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Italy keeper Gianluigi Buffon...
- 07:23 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 07:23 Big issues top agenda at Civic Hall
- 07:23 The rebel bank, printing its own notes and buying back people's debts
- 07:22 Easter events and activities which are sure to egg-cite the whole...
- 07:22 Nominate your community hero for award
- 07:22 Guest column: Nominate your local heroes
- 07:21 One win is only the start for Hartlepool United - Matthew Bates
- 07:21 Liverpool and Arsenal on red alert after transfer target's future...
- 07:21 Arsenal transfer news: Gunners eye replacement for Petr Cech
- 07:21 Arsenal transfer news: Gunners want Manchester United star
- 07:20 New book honours the ‘forgotten’ female workers in Sunderland’s...
- 07:20 EU leaders say ‘highly likely’ Russia carried out nerve agent attack
- 07:20 Man Utd target Toby Alderweireld 'annoyed' at Tottenham over...
- 07:18 Sing the blues away - choir is ‘good for your health’
- 07:15 Friday briefing: Break this Brexit cycle, says Labour frontbencher
- 07:15 Lignite mining: Greece’s dirty secret - in pictures
- 07:14 Man shares strange sign of a deadly infection triggered by a trip...
- 07:14 Yulia Skripal ‘briefly wakes up’ as medics fear she and ex-spy...
- 07:14 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:12 Bad lifestyles are to blame for 2,500 cancer cases a week as...
- 07:12 Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd stars dislike ‘sulky’ forward - players...
- 07:12 Chelsea star Alvaro Morata SLAMMED in debut season: I was wrong -...
- 07:11 Premier League fixtures 2017/2018 - these are the fixtures...
- 07:10 India renews Mohammad Shami cricket contract after violence charge
- 07:09 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery