Serial killer-obsessed schoolgirl guilty of best friend murder bid
A jury at Winchester Crown Court heard that the pupil, aged 14 at the time, lured her victim to a quiet corner of their Hampshire school grounds with the promise of giving her a present before stabbing her on April 25.
The defendant, now 15, who had researched fatal stab wounds, denied intending to kill her victim but had admitted wanting to hurt her.
She had previously pleaded guilty to unlawful wounding and possession of a bladed article on school premises.
- 07:42 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 07:41 Andy Murray beats Sam Querrey in third round of the Australian Open...
- 07:41 Dan Evans vs Bernard Tomic LIVE: Follow the action as Britain's No...
- 07:40 Trump protesters pepper sprayed by police in violent clash ahead...
- 07:39 Memory match: Aston Villa v PNE 1968
- 07:39 PNE midfield ace DJ prepares to face old club
- 07:38 Tributes paid to a war hero who was a ‘true gentleman’
- 07:38 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 07:38 Leicestershire weather: Mostly dry and cold. Frost and fog patches...
- 07:38 Daventry district beats national figures for employment
- 07:37 Five Leeds secondary schools fail to hit pupils’ progress targets
- 07:37 Leeds students combat social stigma in new exhibition
- 07:37 Royal Mail shares dip as letter deliveries continue to fall
- 07:37 Digital training hub opens in Leeds city centre
- 07:37 Video: Let It Shine singer visits Leeds primary school
- 07:37 Child's play gets a significant boost at school thanks to £27k project
- 07:37 Russia sees positive signs in Syria peace process - agencies cite...
- 07:36 Midfield priority for David Moyes as Sunderland chase Brady, Boudebouz
- 07:36 All lanes re-opened after car smash on Southbound M6
- 07:33 China cuts reserve ratios for big five banks temporarily amid cash...
- 07:33 Ebola, war … but just two psychiatrists to deal with a nation's trauma
- 07:32 Vicious punch fractured girlfriend's eye socket leaving her with...
- 07:31 Chelsea player sends transfer message to striker after completing...
- 07:31 Gabriel Jesus vows to bring titles to Manchester City
- 07:30 Holiday joy turned into ‘nightmare’
- 07:30 Small firms in Scotland wary over Donald Trump’s impact
- 07:30 Suspect arrested over teenage girl's killing remains in custody
- 07:30 Breaking news, travel and weather updates around Nottinghamshire on...
- 07:29 Two punters scoop £200,000 in Lancashire’s ‘luckiest town’
- 07:28 Sir Andy Murray provides positive update on ankle injury after Sam...