September was the second hottest on record
September was the second hottest on record with average temperatures more than two degrees above what Leicestershire would normally expect.
The monthly average finished up at 16.2C (61.2F), making it the hottest since records began, with the exception of September 2006.
It follows a hotter-than-average August, which was also far sunnier than expected, as well.
Leicester Mercury weatherman Dave Mutton said: "Back in August we had the warmest August since 2004 in Leicestershire, and it was the sunniest August since 1998.
"Now the average temperature for September is 2.5C hotter than... read more
- 07:49 Super gonorrhea is infecting people worldwide and ‘could...
- 07:49 Man Utd star Phil Jones ‘needs a doctor’: Star slammed for display...
- 07:47 Premier Inn work to start this summer
- 07:46 Cast of the Customs House show Mt Uncle Freddie visit Beamish for...
- 07:43 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:43 Work starts on £7.5million specialist dementia care home
- 07:41 Billboard Awards 2018: Ed Sheeran wins big and Avicii tributes
- 07:41 Help is out there for Sunderland dementia sufferers thanks to new...
- 07:40 Inga Maria Hauser murder: Two men arrested in Loughguile
- 07:40 Under-threat community hub raises nearly £30,000 in a month
- 07:40 A shot in the dark
- 07:40 Alarm at how services run increases yearly
- 07:40 Fire ravaged Ovenden Hotel to be demolished for housing development
- 07:40 Change of name
- 07:40 Ever seen a badger pole dance? We have
- 07:40 Car stolen from Sheffield after seller advertised it on Facebook
- 07:39 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 07:39 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:39 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:39 Liverpool news: Jordan Henderson reveals he REFUSED transfer
- 07:39 Barcelona pay tribute to Andres Iniesta as Lionel Messi talks up...
- 07:37 Drivers in the dark over MOT changes
- 07:31 UK engineering's gender imbalance is embarrassing, leading figure says
- 07:31 Can you solve it? The birthday birthday problem
- 07:30 Markets rally as US and China call trade war truce - business live
- 07:30 Police searching for missing man find body in Leicester
- 07:30 Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink trains cancelled and delayed
- 07:29 Raise a glass at town venue beer festival
- 07:27 Blackpool Council to invest more cash in £25m conference centre...
- 07:24 South Cumbria catches Royal Wedding fever as Prince Harry and...