Seoul court denies arrest warrant for Lotte Group chairman; corruption probe continues
A South Korean court rejected a request by prosecutors for a warrant to arrest Lotte Group Chairman Shin Dong-bin in the latest twist in a wide-ranging corruption probe that has convulsed the country's fifth-largest family-run conglomerate.
But an investigation that has constricted management since June, derailing plans for billion-dollar deals, isn't about to go away overnight. Prosecutors may re-submit their request, Yonhap news agency reported, and warrant or not, Shin could yet face trial - a process that with appeals could last many months.
A Seoul Central District Court judge said... read more
- 10:03 South Shields FC owner hopes for new £10million ground
- 10:03 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:03 Malaysia says North Korean firms linked to arms trade being...
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business
- 10:01 Doctors' warning: Patients dying because our hospitals are 'jam-full'
- 10:01 Ten of Glasgow’s oldest buildings
- 10:01 Anger as one in six children miss out on secondary school places
- 10:01 How many players has each Premier League team used so far this season?
- 10:01 Pundit: Antonio Conte proved his class with these four expert...
- 10:01 Manolo Gabbiadini: Liverpool want to sign Southampton star next...
- 10:01 Minecraft helped to guide shootout movie Free Fire's set
- 10:01 Talking Horses: Willie Mullins’ Cheltenham team plus Tuesday tips
- 10:01 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:01 Dogs sniff out illegal cigarettes and tobacco in raids across...
- 10:00 Police appeal for dashcam footage after death of 14-year-old in...
- 10:00 Apprentices get unique chance to work on BBMF
- 10:00 Dawn raids in Cheshire on drugs ring which saw county as an 'easy...
- 09:59 Delays in Burton due to reports of accident
- 09:59 Huge apprenticeship exhibition heading to Sheffield
- 09:59 Police warning after attempted burglary
- 09:59 Man attacked by would-be robbers
- 09:59 Aramco's Malaysia deal gives Saudis upper hand in fight for Asia...
- 09:58 Hugill’s hands-on approach
- 09:58 Wenger rejects multi-million pound offer?
- 09:58 Gillian’s new career takes off
- 09:58 Black Country MP Tom Watson urges Jeremy Corbyn's supporters to...
- 09:58 Worrying levels of alleged home care abuse against elderly and...
- 09:58 Holy Island car park is put on the market
- 09:57 YP Comment: Region’s needs must be heard