Sentencing of man who threw puppy out of window - LIVE updates
Wayne Keightley threw a nine-week old puppy out of a third floor window and tried to blame the incident on a masked gang armed with samurai swords.
But earlier this month he was convicted of causing unnecessary suffering to puppy Gipsy, who suffered leg and face injuries when she was tossed from a smashed window in Keightley's top-floor flat in Rutland Street, Melton, on January 20.
Loughborough Magistrates' Court heard that Keightley had also thrown himself from the flat minutes later, breaking his ankle.
He was high on drink and drugs at the time, the court was told.
When RSPCA inspector... read more
- 13:20 Yoga trapeze gets off to a flying start in Sheffield
- 13:19 Can you legally drive barefoot or in flip flops? This is the law
- 13:19 The cashpoint celebrates 50th birthday - here are 50 facts you need...
- 13:19 Monarchy to get big taxpayer pay rise - are they worth it?
- 13:19 Cristiano Ronaldo rethinks Real Madrid exit and Gareth Bale faces...
- 13:19 Police seek owners of items found at South Yorkshire service station
- 13:18 Airbus unveils futuristic helicopter which can fly 250mph - but is...
- 13:18 Drive My Bessa-carr and You Haxey Thing - Yorkshire water urges...
- 13:18 £6,000 donated to robot appeal to thank life-saving neurosurgeon
- 13:17 Burton Albion fans can buy their priority memberships from the club...
- 13:16 NHS staff celebrate after winning two national awards
- 13:16 Aberdeen complete Greg Stewart loan deal as Birmingham City striker...
- 13:16 Plunge in UK confidence hits Debenhams, adds to slowdown fears
- 13:16 How Man City player Aleksandar Kolarov has become the club's great...
- 13:15 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema faces $255 mln dividend shortfall - analysts
- 13:15 French parliament opens in test for Macron's many novice lawmakers
- 13:14 'It's Trump's hair!' Bizarre feathery critter spotted in Brazil...
- 13:14 Newly discovered and endangered: The Blue-winged Amazon parrot has...
- 13:14 Hector Bellerin next? 13 players Arsenal sold too soon
- 13:14 At least 42 Isis prisoners killed in air strike on jihadi-run jail...
- 13:14 Unbelievable moment bus ploughs into man but he walks away
- 13:13 Teacher at Sunderland school wins lifetime achievement award
- 13:13 Harry Redknapp's transfer warning to Birmingham City rivals
- 13:13 Reports: Birmingham City target to join Everton
- 13:12 Volvo's driverless cars 'confused' by kangaroos
- 13:12 Huge shoe find reveals what life was like for Romans in Northumberland
- 13:12 Calls for better training at Ayrshire Maternity Unit after six...
- 13:12 £6,000 donated to robot appeal to thank life-saving neurosurgeon
- 13:11 Thousands of Aintree hospital patients may have to go to Broadgreen...
- 13:11 Family of mum and daughter killed by UK’s youngest double murderers...