Senators ask Yahoo CEO for details of hack investigation
Six Democratic U.S. senators on Tuesday asked embattled Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer for more information about the internet company's investigation into a hack that compromised data related to 500 million user accounts.
The lawmakers said they were "disturbed" the two-year-old intrusion was announced only last week.
"That means millions of Americans’ data may have been compromised for two years," the senators wrote in a joint letter addressed to Mayer. "This is unacceptable."
(Reporting by Dustin Volz; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- 13:19 Who remembers enjoying a night out in this former favourite...
- 13:19 Green Party leader announces Amber Valley visit
- 13:19 Offshore wind farms power cost drops by 32% in five years, says report
- 13:19 PM to meet President Erdogan in Turkey
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department
- 13:15 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 13:15 Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick warns team-mates...
- 13:15 Man City forward Leroy Sane prepared for big leap forward
- 13:15 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:15 Police issue warning over telephone scam in Horncastle area
- 13:14 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set for crunch talks following Burnley...
- 13:13 Chester Grosvenor Museum to hold 12th open art exhibition
- 13:13 Police hunt wanted man who has Blacon links
- 13:13 Trump loyalist has her hair SET ON FIRE during ugly clash with...
- 13:13 New Moldovan President rips down EU flag as he announces closer...
- 13:13 ISIS-obsessed teens facing terror charges almost QUADRUPLE in a...
- 13:13 David de Gea: This is what I want Manchester United to achieve this...
- 13:13 Nicola Sturgeon steps up indyref2 calls after Supreme Court ruling