Senators ask Yahoo CEO for details of hack investigation
Six Democratic U.S. senators on Tuesday asked embattled Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer for more information about the internet company's investigation into a hack that compromised data related to 500 million user accounts.
The lawmakers said they were "disturbed" the two-year-old intrusion was announced only last week.
"That means millions of Americans’ data may have been compromised for two years," the senators wrote in a joint letter addressed to Mayer. "This is unacceptable."
(Reporting by Dustin Volz; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- 00:06 All-important antidote to mindless Hollywood pulp
- 00:06 Time to mothball divas’ swansong opera
- 00:07 Paige Doherty's family start #NoJusticeForPaige campaign and call...
- 00:06 The veins Nafta opened in Mexico
- 00:06 Hamilton rallies against ‘outdated’ Formula One
- 00:06 Gymnastics doc accused of sex crimes
- 00:06 Laidlaw out: A massive loss
- 00:06 Tata must honour its pledge to steel workers
- 00:06 A man at the heart of battles that shaped countless lives
- 00:06 ‘Fortress Australia’ – Government seeks Trump-like powers against...
- 00:07 Not tonight, I really DO have a headache: One in 100 suffer 'coital...
- 00:07 HS2 work to start after final hurdle cleared
- 00:06 Corbyn is no whipping boy
- 00:06 Ecuador: Presidential election goes to run-off
- 00:06 Turkey: Pro-Kurdish party leader jailed for five months
- 00:06 United States: Jewish centres targeted by bomb threats
- 00:06 May under pressure from own side over Dubs plan
- 00:06 Unison fights challenge to rerun election
- 00:06 New Met chief Dick ran op which killed Menezes
- 00:04 Henrikh Mkhitaryan speaks out on injury: Man United star 'happy and...
- 00:03 Thousands of doctors trained in Europe 'may quit UK after Brexit'
- 00:03 Forget five a day, eat 10 portions of fruit and veg to cut risk of...
- 00:01 Chelsea manager Antonio Conte stresses the importance of a 'family...
- 00:00 Topshop warehouse workers to walk out
- 00:00 Cancer rates at a new high, ONS reports
- 00:00 Express staff offered 2% pay increase
- 00:00 Comrades pay tribute to legend of the left Halpin
- 23:59 Clampdown on North Korean trade squeezes Chinese border towns
- 23:59 Manchester United winger Ashley Young wanted by Chinese Super...
- 23:59 Jamie Vardy has 'no regrets whatsoever' after turning down Arsenal...