Self driving car crash hospitalised Google's operator: Firm reveals smart vehicle tried to avoid another vehicle jumping a red light - but says its driver took control before impact
Google has revealed the operator of one of its prototype self driving cars was hospitalised after a recent crash - but said he had taken control of the vehicle.
The crash occurred in Mountain View, near Google's HQ, when a driver ran a red light and collided with the passenger side door of Google's modified Lexus SUV.
The firm revealed today its driver 'voluntarily went to a local hospital where he was evaluated by medical staff and released.'
Scroll down for video
GOOGLE'S SELF DRIVING CAR ACTIVITY TO DATE As of September 30th, 2016:
Number of vehicles on the road: 24 Lexus RX450h SUVs... read more
- 07:35 Dr Hook Sharing The Night Together with Scunthorpe audience
- 07:35 Scunthorpe Morrisons claim to have cooked up 'hottest supermarket...
- 07:35 SPY IN THE CAMP: Swindon Town missing the goals of Nicky Ajose
- 07:35 Scunthorpe United v Swindon Town: Last season's result counts for...
- 07:35 Heathrow runway plan could bring double boost for Scunthorpe
- 07:35 Tributes to former Scunthorpe pub landlord who survived trawler...
- 07:35 Devastation caused by family's three horror crashes spurs woman on...
- 07:35 Iain Duncan Smith to urge PM to scrap £3.4bn Universal Credit cuts
- 07:35 DIY doctors: New Zealand medical students 'operating on themselves...
- 07:34 Growing up - Rule changes help India's oil market act its size
- 07:31 British mum killed after falling from hot air balloon in front...
- 07:31 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 07:31 Twitter pairs: MLAs matched with famous lookalikes
- 07:31 Fire rages close to historic Exeter Cathedral
- 07:30 'Pleasure Island is in my blood - I will miss it' - Melanie Wood on...
- 07:30 The sting in the tail for a star of Grimsby's Flog It! ahead of its...
- 07:30 How grief for his wife spurred Charlie to volunteer - and he's...
- 07:29 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 28
- 07:29 Philippine mayor among 10 killed in shootout as drug war enters new...
- 07:28 Some of the gigs taking place in the Dispatch area this weekend
- 07:28 Adam Murray: ‘Mansfield Town will make the play-offs’
- 07:28 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:28 Eni posts third-quarter net loss, misses expectations
- 07:28 UBS sees tough markets ahead as third-quarter profit drops
- 07:28 Total third-quarter beats forecast on increased output and cost...
- 07:27 Royal Bank of Scotland sees more losses in third quarter
- 07:24 Thieves leave 'scene of devastation' after ransacking church for money
- 07:24 Woman accused of murdering boyfriend by stabbing him in chest...
- 07:23 'Evil' bully's reign of terror which left disabled girlfriend 'broken'
- 07:23 EU gives food clean bill of health over herbicides