See injured man rescued from Forest Hall roof by firefighters
Firefighters and paramedics worked together to rescue an injured man from a roof.
Emergency services were called just before 8.30am on Wednesday after a man suffered injuries while he was on top of a roof on Station Road, Forest Hall .
Unable to get down on his own, firefighters from Gosforth fire station used an aerial ladder platform to reach the man.
He was then brought down safely to receive medical treatment and was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle .
The North East Ambulance Service hazardous area response team praised the teamwork shown by the two emergency services... read more
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:55 It's going to be a scorcher and here's what's happening
- 13:54 Argentinean TV station held a minute’s silence after Croatia defeat
- 13:54 Arsenal forget Joel Campbell plays for the club as Costa Rica take...
- 13:54 Exam board makes last-minute changes to two A-level papers after leak
- 13:53 Matteo Salvini: a political chameleon thriving on fears
- 13:53 What to expect when Donald Trump visits the UK
- 13:52 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:51 Callous looters raid fire-damaged Campus bar shut after Glasgow...
- 13:51 Remember Ulises de la Cruz? The former Aston Villa star's career...
- 13:51 Giant gantry to be lifted into place over M6 in Cheshire as part of...
- 13:51 Some Championship clubs will be hit by a transfer embargo, warns boss
- 13:51 Almost 40 firefighters tackle massive West Bromwich factory blaze
- 13:51 Birkir Bjarnason - one for the Aston Villa sale list or one to...
- 13:51 Angry Carlisle man took revenge on neighbour - by throwing lit...
- 13:51 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 13:51 Rocketing demand for data science skills by students and firms
- 13:50 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:49 TRAVEL REVIEW: Butlin's still serves up the very best of British...
- 13:48 Neymar: Brazil star ‘calls’ Lionel Messi amid World Cup nightmare...
- 13:47 Litter pick in Tweedmouth
- 13:47 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:47 Officers in dramatic Nunsthorpe arrest praised by chief as it...
- 13:46 Operators of five Sheffield shisha bars made to cough up nearly...
- 13:46 Man admits killing Anthony Condron in city bar after prosecutors...
- 13:46 Is this the secret to getting your children to sleep well?
- 13:46 19 life skills to teach your children, according to Mumsnet users
- 13:45 Ex-school bursar admits stealing £100k