Secret Service visits the Lion Hotel, Bridge Street, Belper
Check out where your Secret Service spy has been this week - and what their verdict was.
Your spy was looking for an out-of-town venue with a kitsch pub feel; something modern yet classic with comfort and warmth on a dull afternoon.
Were we asking too much? Apparently not because the Lion Hotel in Belper was all that we were hoping it would be and more.
READ MORE: Secret Service: so is Derbyshire pub really the best in England? From the outside, this place is part of a traditional pub façade but it is not until you venture in that you find the snazzy décor brings it into another dimension.... read more
- 12:13 Kylie Jenner’s baby Stormi already has her own makeup collection
- 12:13 Educated review: Growing up in a household of dangerous religious...
- 12:13 New lifeboat’s early call into action
- 12:12 This week’s best TV: from The Death of Stalin to Strike Career of Evil
- 12:12 The British expat who led an American brand into the AR-15 era
- 12:12 UN identifies South Sudan military officers accused of war crimes
- 12:12 What happened at the Chequers Brexit awayday?
- 12:12 Melton firefighter tackles world record charity rugby match
- 12:12 Two days of ‘persistent snow’ forecast for Leicestershire with Met...
- 12:12 Paedophile slashes his own throat in the dock after being found...
- 12:12 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:11 Roger Diski obituary
- 12:11 EU arsenic warning over magnetic putty children's toy
- 12:11 Magpie Recipe: Turbot with samphire & queen scallops
- 12:11 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:09 Champion tribute star to headline Blackpool Elvis Celebration
- 12:09 Makers of Black Country dictionary want GCSE in the subject
- 12:09 Business as usual at Chez Rama in Leamington
- 12:09 Mountaineer scales England’s third highest peak to rescue...
- 12:09 Teen stabbed at bus stop in horrifying attack near Erdington High...
- 12:09 Barnsley manager Jose Morais on his touchline row with Jurgen...
- 12:09 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:09 Effortlessly-cool Mexican cafe takes street food to the max
- 12:09 The following people were dealt with for theft, assault and drugs...
- 12:09 Joy as new Sheffield martial arts school opens
- 12:09 Comedian Kevin Bridges set to perform at Stamford Corn Exchange
- 12:09 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Half-term fun in Boston at children’s roadshow
- 12:07 Effortlessly-cool Mexican cafe takes street food to the max
- 12:06 Outraged lactivists blast ‘fear and anxiety’ promoting...
- 12:06 Here’s what happened when I gave my vagina a workout