Secondary school admissions: is it possible to appeal?
The deadline for secondary school admissions is fast approaching.
Parents must submit applications through their local councils by Monday, October 31, or risk having no say over which school their child joins in September.
Offers will be made on national offer day, which this year falls on March 1, but it’s always worth being prepared in case things don’t go the way you hoped.
So if you are disappointed with the place your child is eventually offered, is there anything you can do?
1) Accept the initial offer It might sound like you’re admitting defeat, but you can still appeal or put... read more
- 03:32 China ramp up border security to halt ‘flames of war’ overflowing...
- 03:24 Spectacular display of vintage and classic cars and motorbikes line...
- 03:24 Mayor of Millom delivers boost to good causes
- 03:24 Rock the Fells showcases breadth of local talent
- 03:24 GALLERY: Cartmel Racecourse sizzles in the sun on day one of...
- 03:24 Boy in Piel Island rescue drama after bad fall leaves him with...
- 03:24 Police investigation launched following unexplained death in Barrow
- 03:24 Still time to win family ticket for Ulverston and North Lonsdale Show
- 03:24 Nuclear chief to chair innovation body
- 03:24 Crews tackle car fire in Barrow
- 03:24 Furness pension campaign group to meet
- 03:24 Lakes hotel up for quirky national award
- 03:24 Appeal for information after mother and child verbally abused in...
- 03:24 Police investigate 'smash and grab' burglary at Grange jeweller's
- 03:24 Eight vehicles damaged in Barrow
- 03:24 Multi-million pound deal for south Cumbria's innovators
- 03:24 Royal visit pays tribute to Furness community and business
- 03:24 Get snapping in Lakes photo treasure hunt
- 03:24 Police appeal after double assault in Bowness
- 03:24 It's show time for Ulverston agricultural event
- 03:24 Crowds flock to Coniston Country Fair
- 03:24 Thousands enjoy Taste Cumbria Summer Festival
- 03:24 Police issue security advice following spate of Cumbria farm...
- 03:24 Barrow woman's tragic 20-year battle with mental health
- 03:24 Sports spectacular in the Lakes this week
- 03:24 Full steam ahead for gathering
- 03:24 South Cumbria school community delighted to gain £350,000 for...
- 03:24 Cumbria police to raise awareness of child neglect as part of...
- 03:24 Failure to cut alcohol use will 'cost lives' of Cumbrians
- 03:24 New luxury buses to operate between Grasmere and Bowness