Secondary school admissions: is it possible to appeal?
The deadline for secondary school admissions is fast approaching.
Parents must submit applications through their local councils by Monday, October 31, or risk having no say over which school their child joins in September.
Offers will be made on national offer day, which this year falls on March 1, but it’s always worth being prepared in case things don’t go the way you hoped.
So if you are disappointed with the place your child is eventually offered, is there anything you can do?
1) Accept the initial offer It might sound like you’re admitting defeat, but you can still appeal or put... read more
- 08:33 FULL LIST: Sheffield 10k road closures
- 08:33 Clydesdale confirms Williams & Glyn offer
- 08:32 Traffic chaos as M180 roadworks closure continues into rush hour
- 08:31 Lloyds sets aside £1bn extra to cover PPI mis-selling
- 08:31 These scientific cocktails are actually amazing
- 08:30 Lucy Allan MP demands Telford child sex exploitation inquiry...
- 08:29 Do you know where Jordan could be?
- 08:29 Parents can be taught to help treat autism: Children show...
- 08:29 Three-car crash causes delays on M1
- 08:28 'The best leader Cumbria never had' - tributes pour into union man...
- 08:28 Hunt for Todmorden distraction burglar
- 08:27 Hundreds attend funeral of tragic tot Harlow Edwards who died after...
- 08:26 Balmy Britain in Autumnal bloom: Temperatures hit 16C ahead of next...
- 08:26 Is this the most beautiful drive in Europe? Stunning photos of...
- 08:26 From memory loss to temperatures below -50°C: Award-winning...
- 08:26 Paul Merson: Man United boss Jose Mourinho should drop Zlatan...
- 08:26 Andy Burnham to be challenged over 'Manchester trading on past...
- 08:22 Barrow hospital on a drive to get staff vaccinated against the flu
- 08:23 Paedophile who was almost murdered faces jail for child abuse
- 08:22 Charity sets up winter shelter to tackle homelessness in Barrow
- 08:22 Drive thru coffee restaurant plan for Barrow
- 08:22 Mental health services in Cumbria under scrutiny as shocking rates...
- 08:22 Nursing body refuses to release report into its handling of Barrow...
- 08:22 Man accused of assaulting member of staff at Barrow hospital to...
- 08:21 Draft plan for Melton’s future development to go to public...
- 08:20 How Manchester United should line up vs Man City in EFL Cup tie
- 08:20 Manchester United struggler Mkhitaryan 'facing Reds exit'
- 08:20 Majority don’t know lifestyle increases dementia risk
- 08:19 Women lawmakers face sexism, violence on job - report
- 08:19 Appeal to find witness of Halifax town centre assault