Second teenage boy arrested after attack on football supporters' minibus in Barrow
Two people were taken to hospital with head injuries after the minibuses, which were carrying women and children, were attacked shortly after 5pm along the A590 Walney Road, between the fire station and the Ormsgill junction.
The two men were taken to Furness General Hospital with cuts to the head and face but have since both been discharged.
READ MORE: Club condemns 'mindless violence' after rocks were thrown at a bus carrying women and children after Barrow AFC game
This was a cowardly and deplorable incident. We will do everything possible to ensure those responsible are held accountable... read more
- 08:07 Embrace the fear: 15 signs it’s time to quit your job
- 08:07 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:06 Johnston Press flags improvement amid tough market
- 08:03 Nepal asks climbers to clean quake-littered Everest camp
- 08:03 Pensioner at centre of care home dog row could be moving to Cumbria
- 08:03 Court shows mercy for bereaved homeless man after fracas
- 08:03 A612 delays after crash between a car and van
- 08:03 Violet Youens: Man charged over four-year-old's death
- 08:02 Canine capers in the Lake District with new BBC series
- 08:03 Royal Marine Alexander Blackman expresses 'relief' at sentence cut
- 08:03 Flybe cuts capacity and costs due to weak demand, pricing pressure
- 08:03 London attack: Thames women's family overwhelmed by 'love and support'
- 08:02 Cumbria MPs speak out over implications of triggering Article 50
- 08:02 'Bogus' plans for farm rejected by town council
- 08:02 Owner says he's devastated to lose his pet after court orders pit...
- 08:02 Council chief wants JCB at proposed development site to show progress
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: All your essential morning info to start the day
- 08:01 Miami Open 2017 results: Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal march on as...
- 08:01 More people are rescued off Cleethorpes than almost anywhere in...
- 08:00 Manchester United target Kieran Tierney impresses Scotland veteran...
- 08:00 Peru 2-1 Uruguay: Luis Suarez unable to help visitors as Paolo...
- 07:57 The morning news headlines: UK set to begin 'momentous journey' to...
- 07:57 If you've booked a package holiday THIS is how Article 50 could...
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: All your essential morning info to start the day
- 07:56 French March consumer confidence stable for third month in a row
- 07:55 Fighting crime project backed by police chief
- 07:55 ‘Rail investment must benefit all of district’ - campaign group
- 07:55 Russell Brand and James Corden lead praise for Rio Ferdinand’s...
- 07:55 Amjad Bashir: The big beasts of Brussels may beat their chests, but...
- 07:54 Claudio Ranieri breaks his silence over Leicester sacking