Seal sneaks up the Thames into London and has to be rescued
A seal which swam up the Thames into London had to be rescued by firefighters after it was injured during its commute.
People worried about the animal called 999 after seeing it in trouble, as it is believed to have been hit by a boat at some point while swimming.
JK Rowling leaps to her own defence as she is trolled over the announcement of five Fantastic Beasts movies It had clamboured onto a pontoon near Kew Bridge and was resting, presumably wondering about the choices in its life that led it so far up the river it almost reached central London.
An audience watched and applauded as the... read more
- 13:43 Teen sustains horrific facial injuries after being jumped at...
- 13:43 EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks: 10 reasons this is the...
- 13:43 Linda Nolan is diagnosed with ‘incurable’ cancer as sister Coleen...
- 13:43 Residents assured rubbish dumped on Holme Lane will be cleared up
- 13:42 Brexit: Theresa May promises to build a ‘more united nation’
- 13:42 Search on for best talent in Daventry
- 13:42 Fun and flavour at Althorp Food and Drink Festival
- 13:42 What’s up choc? Warning as bunny falls ill from scoffing sweet treat
- 13:41 Atletico Madrid team-mate opens up on Antoine Griezmann to Man...
- 13:41 Liverpool clear favourites to beat Chelsea and Man United to Real...
- 13:41 Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock jumps into boyfriend Andre...
- 13:41 Coastguard paged to rescue dog
- 13:41 Drone that flies WITHOUT a human pilot has been given permission to...
- 13:41 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:41 Syria's Raqqa expected to join Kurdish-led federalism - Kurdish leader
- 13:40 Police 'concerned' over missing Scarborough teen
- 13:40 Millions of energy customers could roll back bills to 2008 prices
- 13:40 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:39 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:39 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 13:39 Come and have a dance at the ceilidh
- 13:39 Mum’s the Word
- 13:38 Inquiry launched into 'unsustainable' nuclear decommissioning contract
- 13:38 Notorious Carlisle nuisance back behind bars
- 13:38 ‘I can’t accept it. It’s not right. It should never have happened.’
- 13:38 Volunteers recognised for helping vulnerable young families in Burton
- 13:37 St Joseph's Primary Academy gets colourful for Holi Festival
- 13:37 Potholes nightmare: Is this Harrogate's worst road?
- 13:36 Morrisons and Sainsbury’s latest to cut price of petrol as...
- 13:36 Two Rugby schools set to form multi-academy trust