SE Asia Stocks-Up on oil price rally; Singapore hits near 3-wk high
By Suhail Hassan Bhat Sept 29 Southeast Asian stock markets rose on Thursday, in line with broader Asian shares, led by energy counters across the region as a rally in global oil prices after OPEC members struck a deal to curtail output aided sentiment. Oil futures extended gains after rising nearly 6 percent on Wednesday, as OPEC members agreed to limit production to a range of 32.5-33.0 million barrels per day (bpd) in talks held on the sidelines of an energy conference in Algeria. The surprise decision to cut output was the cartel's first such agreement since 2008. "It remains to... read more
- 14:07 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 14:07 A DRIVING FORCE: On the road with patient transport volunteer - VIDEO
- 14:07 Man found dead in Wetherpoon toilets by cleaner next day
- 14:06 YP Letters: Why shale gas could transform rural life for the better
- 14:07 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:06 YP Letters: High-speed train proves a brain drain
- 14:06 YP Letters: Computers get in way between GP and patient
- 14:06 Fleetwood midfielder George Glendon still available for selection...
- 14:06 Erdogan says Bulgaria's pressure on Turks "unacceptable"
- 14:06 Cheers from wedding guests after door dilemma makes Emily and...
- 14:05 Second Birmingham flat raided over London terror attack
- 14:05 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 14:05 Time to reward our dedicated volunteers
- 14:05 Everton transfer target admits he fancies move to big club
- 14:04 Peter is Spalding’s Cake King for World Autism Awareness Week
- 14:04 Dogs rescued after house fire
- 14:04 Fancy getting a fossil named after you like David Attenborough?...
- 14:04 Westminster Bridge re-opens less than 24 hours after terror attack
- 14:04 Woman calls out man who suggests her breastfeeding is ‘too far’...
- 14:03 Mosque leaders condemn “vile” terror attack
- 14:02 Schools are ‘betrayed’ as budgets cut
- 14:02 Increased police patrols planned for town centre
- 14:02 U.S. investment banks scout Frankfurt office space market - Helaba
- 14:02 Britain's financial watchdog revisits Barclays' Qatari cashcall probe
- 14:01 Sewol ferry on which 304 died raised from murky depths
- 14:01 BREAKING: Man tries to ram crowd on street in Antwerp, Belgium,...
- 14:01 Doncaster healthcare worker steps up to beat cancer
- 14:01 Saudi Arabia's credit rating CUT as low oil prices CRUMBLE Middle...
- 14:01 American tourist on "dream vacation" in London with wife named as...
- 14:01 Manchester United's David De Gea gets a message from Ander Herrera...