Scunthorpe steel works stake claim to supply two million tonnes for the HS2 rail project
BRITISH Steel's Scunthorpe works has staked a claim to supplying two millions tonnes for the HS2 rail project.
The company's managing director for rail, Peter Smith, said: "HS2 has the potential to make a huge difference to the transport and economy of this country and we can play a significant role in this. We have the capacity to make the rail for this project and will also be interested in supplying other steel products into the rest of the project.
"Our highly-skilled employees make rail of the highest quality. We have been a key supplier to the British rail network for... read more
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department
- 13:15 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 13:15 Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick warns team-mates...
- 13:15 Man City forward Leroy Sane prepared for big leap forward
- 13:15 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:15 Police issue warning over telephone scam in Horncastle area
- 13:14 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set for crunch talks following Burnley...
- 13:13 Chester Grosvenor Museum to hold 12th open art exhibition
- 13:13 Police hunt wanted man who has Blacon links
- 13:13 Trump loyalist has her hair SET ON FIRE during ugly clash with...
- 13:13 New Moldovan President rips down EU flag as he announces closer...
- 13:13 ISIS-obsessed teens facing terror charges almost QUADRUPLE in a...
- 13:13 David de Gea: This is what I want Manchester United to achieve this...
- 13:13 Nicola Sturgeon steps up indyref2 calls after Supreme Court ruling
- 13:11 Warning over rogue rubbish removers fly-tipping in South Derbyshire
- 13:11 It Can Wait police appeal after M1 crash in November 2014 left...
- 13:11 On The Wildside
- 13:11 Duns Burns Club toast Rabbie, a cultural icon
- 13:10 Rapist Methodist minister jailed for 15 years for a string of sex...
- 13:10 Stoke City fans must give Saido Berahino a fair crack of the whip,...
- 13:09 HOW I MADE IT: Alister de Ternant
- 13:09 EasyJet shares plunge as weaker pound and rising fuel prices weigh...
- 13:09 YP Letters: Stop sneering, give President Trump a fair chance