Scunthorpe organisation wins contract to give support to victims of sexual violence
A NEW contract to give support to victims of rape and sexual violence has been awarded by Humberside Police and Crime Commissioner Keith Hunter.
Support will be provided to both male and female victims, adults and children, by Scunthorpe-based organisation The Blue Door, which won a three-year contract to run the service after a tender process.
It will use a network of independent sexual violence advisors (ISVAs) to give ongoing support to victims of recent and historic abuse, as well as making sure they have the best advice on counselling and other services available to them.
The advisors... read more
- 10:17 Embers from coal burner thought to have started a blaze in wooden...
- 10:16 Helicopter manhunt as 'high risk' girl, 13, goes missing
- 10:16 Five firefighters called as shoppers trapped in Lincoln High Street...
- 10:14 Grantham’s very own big band is a treat for a packed arts centre
- 10:14 Transfer News: Chelsea's Milan raid, Fabregas to Arsenal shock, Man...
- 10:12 Children’s charity in Skegness calls for support
- 10:11 Police release photo of Mackworth murder victim Geoff Seggie as...
- 10:11 Nostalgia: Donington Rovers edge seven-goal final
- 10:11 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 10:09 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:09 Donna Nook seal count begins to drop as they make their way back to...
- 10:05 WhatsApp will soon stop working on millions of phones, is yours one...
- 10:05 We're Going on a Bear Hunt will be on Channel 4 this Christmas
- 10:05 Stoke City 2, Burnley 0: Player ratings from tasty win over Clarets
- 10:05 LIVE: A50 Waterloo Road closed in both directions after three...
- 10:05 Eden Hazard reveals the ‘big change’ that Diego Costa has made at...
- 10:04 School playground to be transformed after winning Lottery bid
- 10:03 Update: Horses loose on the A17 at Heckington - owner is found
- 09:59 Missing 'high risk' 13-year-old girl found after helicopter search
- 09:58 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 09:56 General Tso's Chicken creator dies in Taiwan aged 98
- 09:56 Apple admits self-driving car plans
- 09:54 France's Left starts fightback after Hollande bows out of...
- 09:51 Hull City news and rumours LIVE: Tigers ready for Middlesbrough...
- 09:51 Man awaiting sentence after pinning partner against wall
- 09:48 Female suicide bomber uses children as decoy before blowing herself up
- 09:45 Missing out on West Ham tie in FA Cup was the biggest regret of my...
- 09:44 Hospital theft sparks police probe
- 09:43 Part of Carlisle on lockdown following incident
- 09:43 Manhunt continues in Carlisle following armed police incident