Scotty Cardle v Kevin Hooper FIGHT RESULT: Grimsby challenger impresses before TKO defeat
GRIMSBY boxer Kevin Hooper has fallen to a TKO defeat against British champion Scotty Cardle at the SSE Hydro.
The 32-year-old, who was aiming to become the first man from the town to clinch the famous Lonsdale belt, impressed the Glasgow crowd before he was eventually stopped in the sixth round.
Super Hooper was first into the ring on his Sky Sports debut.
RECAP: Scotty Cardle v Kevin Hooper BRITISH TITLE FIGHT UPDATES And following a cagey opening round, he took the second - landing one big right-hand in the process.
Cardle edged back ahead in round three, but the Mighty Micks's... read more
- 09:51 New additions to timeline marking key events in Kettering’s history
- 09:51 Arsenal join European giants in tracking highly-rated starlet - report
- 09:51 Alan Shearer slams Man United: Jose Mourinho should be embarrassed...
- 09:50 Car crashes into house for the second time in a decade
- 09:50 Drinking session led to vicious attack on host in Stockton home
- 09:49 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:49 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:48 KT Tunstall rushed to hospital after swallowing chicken wing bone
- 09:47 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:46 Stamford man charged with raping teenager
- 09:46 Jose Mourinho speaks out about Wayne Rooney’s Man Utd future
- 09:45 Man taken to hospital after motorbikes crash in Bitterscote Drive,...
- 09:45 Entertainment world mourns Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry
- 09:44 Syrian refugee kids among £1-an-hour workers making clothes for...
- 09:44 Make It Happen: Groups apply for help from grant scheme
- 09:43 Sean is left hungry after sanctions stop his benefits
- 09:42 Seoul court approves winding down of Hanjin Shipping's four...
- 09:42 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 09:42 European bank stocks recoup post-Brexit losses
- 09:42 Prisons in England and Wales 'need to improve rehabilitation rates'
- 09:42 Lauri Love: MPs sign letter asking President Obama to block...
- 09:41 Children give verdict on Dreamflight delight
- 09:40 Young man denies frail Warwick pensioner’s manslaughter
- 09:39 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Results
- 09:38 US 'consternation' over Philippines' Duterte comments
- 09:38 Other classic dating profile photos we’d like to see banned
- 09:37 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:37 ‘I was still grieving and football came second. We are not robots’
- 09:36 Space themed fireworks spectacular to end the Alton Towers season
- 09:35 Sunderland Council’s £4.1million windfall from Newcastle Airport...