Scottish radio favourites lose court battle over gay dating app after claiming they were ripped off by business partner
SCOTS comedy piano duo Worbey and Farrell have lost their court battle for a share of the profits from a gay dating app.
BBC radio and Edinburgh Fringe favourites Steven Worbey and Kevin Farrell claimed they helped come up with the idea for the app, originally called Bender, and were then ripped off by business partner Steven Elliot.
But at the Court of Session, judge Lord Tyre told them they never had a proper partnership with IT expert Steven.
Worbey and Farrell claimed they and Steven dreamed up Bender, and its sister lesbian app Brenda, at a meeting in Vienna in October 2009.
They said... read more
- 20:30 Judge appoints 'special master' to review seized Trump lawyer...
- 20:19 Middlesbrough judge tells beggar jail 'may save your life'
- 20:17 Get souped up at Howlands evening
- 20:15 Nine teenage hikers killed in Israel flash floods
- 20:12 Bercow should stand down before next election, Boothroyd hints
- 20:09 Zika virus could be a CURE for brain cancers that kill children,...
- 20:09 Why 'little and often' exercise is so good for you: Daily workouts...
- 20:05 Teenager screams ‘I’m Jesus’ when he is arrested for leading cops...
- 20:04 Theft probe GP found dead with girlfriend in Cape Verde
- 20:00 Avicii's family say DJ 'could not go on any longer'
- 19:59 Family of DJ Avicii say ‘he could not go on any longer’
- 19:59 Bill Cosby found guilty of sexual assault
- 19:57 Eoin Morgan not daring to dream of World Cup glory despite...
- 19:57 FA’s proposed sale of Wembley to Shahid Khan is a sign of the times
- 19:56 Arsene Wenger explains why David Ospina starts for Arsenal against...
- 19:54 Cancer researchers claim 'extraordinary results' using T-cell therapy
- 19:52 Home Office ditches targets for removing immigrants from UK
- 19:52 'Our standards should be higher' - Wolves fans react to £20m...
- 19:52 Leader comment: Preparing a best of British welcome for Mr Trump
- 19:52 Saido Berahino's problems increase at Stoke City - here's Paul...
- 19:48 'Alfie Evans has a right to life' - Protesters gather at Leicester...
- 19:46 Fans claim Avicii’s team ‘has blood on their hands’ as family...
- 19:45 TSB rift with Spanish owner emerges as IT crisis drags on
- 19:44 Alfie Evans' parents urge supporters to stand down as they prepare...
- 19:44 High street gloom: What are your redundancy rights?
- 19:41 Aldi branded 'ruthless' over compensation offer in planning battle
- 19:39 Russell Brand cancels Aberdeen stand-up show
- 19:37 Canada data firm AIQ may face legal action in UK
- 19:35 Russia says its witnesses discredit alleged chemical attack in Syria
- 19:35 Israel flash flood: Nine teenaged hikers dead in south