Scottish nurses slam NHS staffing crisis for affecting care of patients
Scots nurses say care is being compromised by a staffing crisis in the NHS.
Half of the 3300 staff who responded to a survey by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) said shortages on their most recent shift had impacted patients.
The research also uncovered concerns over the use of agency staff and the “skill mix” on shifts.
The survey’s preliminary findings were reported by RCN Scotland in a submission to Holyrood’s Health Committee on the 2018/19 draft budget.
More than one third reported the use of bank and agency staff during their most recent shift.
On average, one in eight nurses on... read more
- 06:24 Devastated parents want answers after tragic death of their baby boy
- 06:24 Car salesman wrote customer £14k cheque for two Mercedes - despite...
- 06:24 On board the sardine express - the overcrowded single carriage...
- 06:24 Harvey Weinstein scandal gives women courage to speak out
- 06:24 Ronnie O'Sullivan is good sport as fan storms snooker game and...
- 06:23 £3m rent arrears fears in South Tyneside
- 06:23 Councillors set for a battle against boundary changes
- 06:23 South Shields MP calls for rethink on Universal Credit roll-out
- 06:22 Guest column: The poor will suffer most if we don’t get a Brexit deal
- 06:21 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:21 Aston Villa news digest: Academy graduate back to prove a point;...
- 06:21 West Brom digest; Goalkeeper worries; Arsenal and Man United games...
- 06:21 Birmingham City news digest: Cotterill's emotional bond; injury...
- 06:21 The cost of dropping rubbish in Blackpool reaches £48k
- 06:21 Leeds police chase crash driver jailed
- 06:20 Barcelona news: Kylian Mbappe deal was DONE… but they chose Ousmane...
- 06:19 Devastated family want to prevent other young deaths
- 06:19 Rattling good fun heading to Hartlepool at prestige model rail show
- 06:19 Residents welcome new patio garden at Hartlepool retirement village
- 06:19 Tees Valley caution over recruiting more workers
- 06:19 Craig Harrison offers Hartlepool United injury update on Liam...
- 06:19 Hartlepool MP tells Parliament benefit reform is leaving people...
- 06:19 ‘Bin raiding’ incidents raise concern about identity theft risk in...
- 06:19 Thug jailed for assaulting girlfriend and her neighbour
- 06:19 Fans and club honour player
- 06:18 Extra cash donated to fund more CCTV
- 06:18 Upskilling the young for sustainable future
- 06:18 Olivier Giroud admits he got lucky with his wonder goal in...
- 06:18 Well-respected saddler Les continued fine family name
- 06:17 Banbury kitchen and bathroom firm launches new showroom