Scottish Budget 2017: £600 million for broadband expansion
Every home and business in Scotland will be able to access superfast broadband by 2021, ministers confirmed today as the 2018/19 draft budget was revealed at Holyrood.
The announcement marks the start of procurement for the Reaching 100% (R100) programme which will deliver fast and reliable internet, with a focus on rural and island communities.
Finance secretary Derek Mackay said the capital investment package would be made over the next four financial years to March 2022.
He added the Scottish Government’s digital Scotland superfast broadband programme was on track to reach 95 per cent... read more
- 12:25 Gloucester v Wasps: The Big Match Preview
- 12:25 Coventry City team news: Here's who is in and who is out for...
- 12:25 REGIONAL: Family ‘distraught’ as brothers, aged two and six, killed...
- 12:25 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:24 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:23 Mercedes chief reveals why Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas could...
- 12:23 Roger Federer: Dubai Tennis Championship appearance in doubt as...
- 12:23 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:23 Victims of bungling robber speak of their ordeal
- 12:23 Time for a little horse therapy
- 12:23 Spurned teen armed himself with bat and went to attack love rival
- 12:23 Arsenal to take on AC Milan in last-16 of Europa League
- 12:22 Leaders defend decision to increase council tax again in Hartlepool
- 12:22 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:21 Councillors feel CCTV is solution to concerns over youth shelter
- 12:21 Prison recycling scheme to help homeless people
- 12:21 Blackpool pub to re-open after council purchase
- 12:21 Club rallies to help war memorial repair
- 12:21 From dental nurse to electrician, there are plenty of jobs...
- 12:21 Stephen Fry recovering from prostate cancer surgery
- 12:21 Village school celebrates reaching gold standard
- 12:21 Film Of The Week Cold comfort farm
- 12:21 'I am sorry I love you all' Heartbreaking final message from young...
- 12:20 Argos jewellery experts coming to Birmingham to help Mother's Day...
- 12:20 West Brom team news update includes the latest on Kieran Gibbs,...
- 12:20 Why changes are coming to Birmingham City's summer transfer...
- 12:20 Grantham Museum to lose its famous bouncing bomb exhibit
- 12:20 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:20 I am struggling with dating since leaving a conservative religion
- 12:20 Gritters are prepared for cold snap