Scots medical researchers make skin cancer ‘breakthrough’
The rise in skin cancer diagnoses in Scotland over the past 20 years has led researchers to uncover a common underlying cause in one of the most widespread forms of the disease.
A study by the University of Dundee and the Beatson Institute in Glasgow aimed to increase understanding of what drives the condition.
The rate of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC), a potentially devastating form of the disease, is rapidly rising and has more than doubled in Scotland over the last 20 years.
In order to gain a fuller picture of the processes driving cSCC, the research team examined the cell... read more
- 12:05 Reports from the courts – Who has been up before the magistrates...
- 12:05 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:05 Strong support for multi-million pound retail plans in Bolsover
- 12:05 Changes to bus stops area and road layouts
- 12:04 Huge new Next at Home store opens in Burton - here are five reasons...
- 12:03 These stunning pics are the best Instagram photos of Birmingham
- 12:03 Metropolitan Police issue statement after Birmingham City's match...
- 12:03 This is how many Wolves supporters are heading to Man City for the...
- 12:03 School life: Multilingual fun or diversión multilingüe at Rastrick...
- 12:02 Missing Sunderland woman found safe and well
- 12:02 VIDEO: Horrifying moment 15-year-old boy sets fire to live crow in...
- 12:02 Jihad: Toulouse boy's name leads to France dilemma
- 12:02 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:02 What really happens on a lads’ holiday? 5 guys look back on...
- 12:02 From costumes to characters – here’s a beginner’s guide to role play
- 12:01 Working together for best outcomes
- 12:00 Hundreds of thousands owed £15M as BrightHouse household goods firm...
- 12:00 Kourtney Kardashian announces she’s ‘pregnant’ in shock...
- 11:59 Britain can still stop Brexit process, EU says
- 11:59 Carabao Cup kids: The youngsters hoping to make an impression in...
- 11:59 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 11:59 Police called to deal with disruptive passenger on Ryanair flight...
- 11:58 Long serving RNLI Thurso coxswain to retire
- 11:58 Gina Miller named UK's most influential black person
- 11:58 I've inherited £50k and plan on spending a bit on myself then...
- 11:58 Publisher Bloomsbury's sales rise 15% thanks to Harry Potter's...
- 11:58 Lecturers accuse Tory MP of Brexit 'McCarthyism'
- 11:58 Hackers breach top plastic surgery clinic
- 11:58 Ice rink ‘will bring magic’ to Kenilworth
- 11:57 Motorists urged to buy self-driving cars to cut traffic accidents