ScotRail commuters want Abellio dumped
Thousands sign petition against privateer
DUTCH train operator Abellio is facing embarrassment after thousands of Scots signed a petition demanding that the company to be stripped of the ScotRail contract.
More than 19,000 people backed the call for the Scottish government to act in response to numerous delays and cancellations, which was handed to Scottish Transport Minister Humza Yousaf yesterday.
Abellio took over the ScotRail franchise from First Group in 2014 and is currently raking in a profit of £1 million a month.
The Scottish government can trigger a clause to remove the contract... read more
- 13:59 Is it time to legalise medical cannabis in the UK?
- 13:59 Hull's Poundworld stores are officially closing - with a massive...
- 13:58 Two men rob man and woman of bike and phone in Northampton
- 13:58 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:56 Arsenal transfer news: How Ever Banega could fit into Unai Emery's...
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:55 It's going to be a scorcher and here's what's happening
- 13:54 Argentinean TV station held a minute’s silence after Croatia defeat
- 13:54 Arsenal forget Joel Campbell plays for the club as Costa Rica take...
- 13:54 Exam board makes last-minute changes to two A-level papers after leak
- 13:53 Matteo Salvini: a political chameleon thriving on fears
- 13:53 What to expect when Donald Trump visits the UK
- 13:52 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:51 Callous looters raid fire-damaged Campus bar shut after Glasgow...
- 13:51 Remember Ulises de la Cruz? The former Aston Villa star's career...
- 13:51 Giant gantry to be lifted into place over M6 in Cheshire as part of...
- 13:51 Some Championship clubs will be hit by a transfer embargo, warns boss
- 13:51 Almost 40 firefighters tackle massive West Bromwich factory blaze
- 13:51 Birkir Bjarnason - one for the Aston Villa sale list or one to...
- 13:51 Angry Carlisle man took revenge on neighbour - by throwing lit...
- 13:51 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 13:51 Rocketing demand for data science skills by students and firms
- 13:50 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:49 TRAVEL REVIEW: Butlin's still serves up the very best of British...
- 13:48 Neymar: Brazil star ‘calls’ Lionel Messi amid World Cup nightmare...
- 13:47 Litter pick in Tweedmouth
- 13:47 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:47 Officers in dramatic Nunsthorpe arrest praised by chief as it...