Scotland Yard considers probe into IPCC police misconduct allegations
Scotland Yard is considering whether to launch a criminal investigation into claims the Independent Police Complaints Commission deliberately suppressed evidence during an inquiry into alleged police misconduct.
Three police officers were cleared at a misconduct hearing in July and have lodged a criminal complaint with the Met about the conduct of the IPCC.
Scotland Yard said it was "assessing" information relating to "two linked allegations of crime". The IPCC said it was "aware" of the allegations.
The IPCC has previously apologised for failings in the way it... read more
- 15:12 Hull City appoint Neil McDonald as new assistant coach
- 15:11 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:10 Hawker Yard pop-up idea is long-term winner
- 15:10 Foreign firms to increase spending on Iraqi oil fields in Basra -...
- 15:10 What is sepsis? Deadly condition kills tens of thousands every year
- 15:10 Euro zone inflation outlook still in the balance - ECB's Hansson
- 15:09 LIST: 2016 Nottinghamshire bonfire night events
- 15:09 When is Ross County v Celtic? Kick-off time, TV channel and odds
- 15:08 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:08 Poldark ‘rape scene’ complaints examined by media watchdog
- 15:07 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:07 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:07 See water shoot into the air during Gateshead High Street roadworks
- 15:06 Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains
- 15:04 Jail warning for threat to kill man
- 15:04 Adrian Greenwood stabbing: Man guilty of Wind in the Willows murder
- 15:03 Man had facial injuries after assault in Chesterfield bar
- 15:03 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:03 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:03 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:02 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:02 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:02 The Centre Project, Granby Street, warns it will have to close –...