Scotland’s private sector upturn flags return to growth
Scotland’s private sector output grew for the first time in three months in September to reach a 14-month high, according to a report published today.
The Bank of Scotland (BoS) purchasing managers’ index (PMI), which tracks the month-on-month changes in combined manufacturing and services output, rose to 51.2 last month, up from 49.1 in August and ending a two-month period of contraction.
These numbers show there are real opportunities for Scotland’s economy Andrew Dunlop It came amid higher levels of employment, and new business growing at its fastest pace for 13 months, but escalating... read more
- 09:48 KT Tunstall rushed to hospital after swallowing chicken wing bone
- 09:47 Football fan rides horse into pub
- 09:46 Stamford man charged with raping teenager
- 09:46 Jose Mourinho speaks out about Wayne Rooney’s Man Utd future
- 09:45 Man taken to hospital after motorbikes crash in Bitterscote Drive,...
- 09:45 Entertainment world mourns Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry
- 09:44 Syrian refugee kids among £1-an-hour workers making clothes for...
- 09:44 Make It Happen: Groups apply for help from grant scheme
- 09:43 Sean is left hungry after sanctions stop his benefits
- 09:42 Seoul court approves winding down of Hanjin Shipping's four...
- 09:42 Halloween events across Lancashire
- 09:42 European bank stocks recoup post-Brexit losses
- 09:42 Prisons in England and Wales 'need to improve rehabilitation rates'
- 09:42 Lauri Love: MPs sign letter asking President Obama to block...
- 09:41 Children give verdict on Dreamflight delight
- 09:40 Young man denies frail Warwick pensioner’s manslaughter
- 09:39 BOSTON SATURDAY LEAGUE: Results
- 09:38 US 'consternation' over Philippines' Duterte comments
- 09:38 Other classic dating profile photos we’d like to see banned
- 09:37 Top 10 things to do at the weekend in Lancashire
- 09:37 ‘I was still grieving and football came second. We are not robots’
- 09:36 Space themed fireworks spectacular to end the Alton Towers season
- 09:35 Sunderland Council’s £4.1million windfall from Newcastle Airport...
- 09:35 Arsenal fan SLAMS supporters for celebrating being top of Premier...
- 09:35 X Factor hopeful Sam hopes she's a big enough diva
- 09:35 You won’t believe what a Man Utd star was seen doing with a Chelsea...
- 09:34 American sweet shop closes down in Northampton town centre
- 09:34 Curry house in Northampton shortlisted in Northamptonshire Food &...
- 09:34 Visitng team thanks minibus for rescuing Northampton club's FA Vase...
- 09:33 Celtic striker Moussa Dembele misses out on Golden Boy award as...