Scotland’s MPs cut from 59 to 53 in constituency review
Wide-ranging changes to Scottish constituencies which will see Scotland’s MPs cut from 59 to 53 are being announced tomorrow.
Some senior politicians are expected to find their seats are due to be axed under the plans, which form part of a package aimed at reducing the total number of Westminster MPs from 650 to 600 and minimising variations in the size of electorates.
Constituencies should be within 5% of the UK electoral average or “quota” of 74,769. In other words, each seat should be no smaller than 71,031 voters and no larger than 78,507.
But there are exceptions to this rule - in the... read more
- 11:43 Woman 'traumatised' after sex assault in Leeds
- 11:43 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:43 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:43 Storm Doris flights: Is your journey affected as the weather bomb...
- 11:40 Jeremy Hunt calls for investigation into overnight closure of...
- 11:40 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:40 Storm Doris leaves fallen trees blocking Boston roads
- 11:40 Derby County: Aston Villa's weekend opponents under the microscope
- 11:39 High winds cause speed restriction on Scarborough trains
- 11:39 Storm Doris: Can I claim compensation for a delayed flight?
- 11:39 ALERT: Public urged to unplug EXPLODING tumble dryers
- 11:39 VIDEO: The calm before Storm Doris
- 11:39 Frustrations increasing over travellers in Warwick
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...