Scotland’s MPs cut from 59 to 53 in constituency review
Wide-ranging changes to Scottish constituencies which will see Scotland’s MPs cut from 59 to 53 are being announced tomorrow.
Some senior politicians are expected to find their seats are due to be axed under the plans, which form part of a package aimed at reducing the total number of Westminster MPs from 650 to 600 and minimising variations in the size of electorates.
Constituencies should be within 5% of the UK electoral average or “quota” of 74,769. In other words, each seat should be no smaller than 71,031 voters and no larger than 78,507.
But there are exceptions to this rule - in the... read more
- 01:58 Is size important when it comes to wine glasses?
- 01:55 PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Xbox One review – down the PUBG
- 01:51 Haemophilia A trial results 'mind-blowing'
- 01:51 Transfer news: Newcastle eyeing double raid on Liverpool and...
- 01:48 Doctor Who Christmas special: Pearl Mackie admits she was a ‘STATE’...
- 01:45 Greening pledges £23m to help poor pupils with talent
- 01:42 Dogs Trust reveals the shocking reasons people give up their pets
- 01:40 Ashes 2017, LIVE: Australia vs England - Third Test, Day 1 cricket...
- 01:40 Watch: Deadly incoming rocket fire DESTROYED when intercepted by...
- 01:38 LATEST COURT RESULTS: Worksop and Retford
- 01:30 Coronation Street spoilers: Faye Windass finally RUMBLES Pat Phelan...
- 01:27 Prof Mary Beard backs school Classics funding appeal
- 01:15 Claude Puel refuses to revel in Leicester rout as former...
- 01:12 'Rude' Christmas Jumper Day letter sent to pupils
- 01:12 Scottish income tax rises to be unveiled
- 01:05 Tories ‘failing school pupils in poor areas’
- 01:05 Seasonal light and darkness in illuminating Matchgirl
- 01:05 Imperial decline
- 01:05 Daisy pulls off something of a triumph
- 01:05 Root fed-up with England off-field disturbances
- 01:05 Late sting in the tail as Palace down Hornets
- 01:05 Brighton given a seat at the WSL table
- 01:05 Is BBC Panorama just a useful propaganda tool?
- 01:05 A year of tragedy, but also hope for the future
- 01:05 Grenfell six months on – we will remember them
- 01:05 A deep-rooted Tory failure
- 01:05 Far-right soldier ‘planned attack to start race war’
- 01:05 Democrat Jones snatches victory in Alabama
- 01:05 OIC declares East Jerusalem to be Palestine’s capital
- 01:05 Fly-tipping prosecutions at record low in England