Scotland ace Oliver Burke reveals he KO'd cheeky England approach and says: 'It was never going to happen ... I love playing for Scotland'
OLIVER Burke has revealed he knocked back a cheeky late bid from England to swipe him away from Scotland.
The £15m Leipzig sensation is in Gordon Strachan’s squad to face Lithuania on Saturday after making an impressive debut in last month’s 5-1 win in Malta.
But the most expensive Scot ever admitted sneaky English FA spies made a last ditch attempt to lure him to the Three Lions.
Burke - who was born in Kirkaldy before his family moved to Nottingham at the age of eight - was quick to shoot down the sly approach as the 19-year-old insisted he could never turn his back on his country.
Proud... read more
- 09:34 Chelsea star Eden Hazard talks Barcelona tactics and makes Lionel...
- 09:33 Junior doctor knocked over woman on Sunderland crossing
- 09:33 Troy: Fall of a City: Who was the Greek hero Agamemnon?
- 09:33 Back off! Hungary votes AGAINST Euro Commission as it tries to...
- 09:32 Meeting to make decision on proposals to reduce size of Lichfield...
- 09:32 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:32 Weather: 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' to freeze Yorkshire next week
- 09:31 Netanyahu aide agrees to implicate PM over corruption claims – reports
- 09:31 Lake District zip-wire plans abandoned after protests
- 09:31 Pound to euro exchange rate: Brexit report drives sterling higher
- 09:31 Breaking: Fire crews in attendance at Mablethorpe house fire
- 09:30 Doncaster octogenarian’s royal appointment in recognition of...
- 09:30 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:29 The prolific Newcastle United striker whose name is so often...
- 09:29 Knifeman who sparked a stand-off with armed police at his Hebburn...
- 09:28 Steve Bruce's verdict on Lewis Grabban - the full Aston Villa press...
- 09:28 Every word Steve Cotterill had to say after Birmingham City were...
- 09:28 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:28 Barratt considers shifting production from Germany to UK
- 09:28 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:27 Value our inspirational teachers
- 09:26 Crooks backing old pal van Veen to be a big hit at Cobblers
- 09:26 Blaze at glass recycling plant in South Kirkby near Pontefract
- 09:25 Wraps come off new BMW X4
- 09:25 Body found in middle of M20 motorway closes road
- 09:25 Chelsea News: Hazard talks Barcelona draw, Courtois' Real Madrid...
- 09:25 Police find cannabis bush worth £4,000 in house raid in Sheffield
- 09:25 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:25 Eddie Hearn targets August showdown with Jarrell Miller for Anthony...
- 09:24 Why Darkest Hour should win the 2018 best picture Oscar