Scientists searching for a HIV cure are close to breakthrough as British man suffering from the virus shows 'remarkable' progress
The search for a HIV cure is close to a breakthrough as a British man suffering from the virus shows 'remarkable' progress after treatment.
Scientists treating the 44-year-old patient are hopeful of him being cured of the fatal disease as he takes part in a medical trial described as 'one of the first serious attempts at a full cure for HIV'.
Research teams from five of Britain's leading universities have collaborated with the NHS to launch the project, which involves 50 people completing a trial.
Then man is the first to take part and told the Sunday Times that recent blood tests showed... read more
- 10:25 Remember when Broad Street looked like this?
- 10:25 February half term things to do in and around Birmingham
- 10:24 Council apologises for month's disruption in Cleethorpes ahead of...
- 10:24 2017 property crash could see house prices plunge
- 10:23 Man City's Raheem Sterling gets a raw deal from referees and FA...
- 10:23 Burst main in Louth leaves homes with no water
- 10:22 Frosty start to a mainly dry but cold day
- 10:22 HERALD WAR REPORT
- 10:22 PC Paul Briggs: Injured officer dies after wife's legal battle to...
- 10:21 Israel's Netanyahu to speak with Trump on Sunday, Iran on agenda
- 10:21 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 10:21 Alzheimer’s Society course will help those caring for dementia...
- 10:20 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 10:20 Alzheimer’s Society course will help those caring for dementia...
- 10:20 MP Andrew Bridgen joins fight to save Burton A&E from potential...
- 10:19 What are our most important Brexit objectives?
- 10:19 Wife of man given ‘right to die’ says she is devastated but...
- 10:19 Manchester United linked with £86m Atletico Madrid winger...
- 10:18 Geri Horner names baby boy after close pal George Michael in...
- 10:18 George Michael's ex-lover claims sex drug Liquid G played part in...
- 10:16 Breakthrough treatment for rheumatics: Common arthritis drug has...
- 10:16 Missing Sutton teen Molly found safe and well
- 10:15 Heartbreak for Leeds mum as court hears her daughter is now 3,500...
- 10:16 Cumbria's success at national field trialling championships
- 10:15 I’m still an addict, admits disgraced bank boss and Bradford...
- 10:15 MPs ‘covered up Trident failure before Commons vote’
- 10:15 Frosty start to a mainly dry but cold day
- 10:15 Renault Zoe review - price, specs, design, tech and pictures
- 10:15 Accident closes one lane of A500
- 10:15 Take a look back at life in Carrington