Scientists might have found a way to extend the lives of dogs – and humans
Old dogs have been given a new lease of life by an ‘anti-ageing’ drug that might just have a similar effect on humans.
Try to contain your excitement because it’s early days yet, but the immediate returns on rapamycin appear to be promising.
Teen finds ‘world’s worst message bottle’ written by two guys on a cocaine binge Ordinarily, the drug is given to cancer patients, and has been associated with some unpleasant side effects.
However, researchers studying the drug found that it makes mice live as much as 60% longer, and they believe it could have wider potential.
Their progress was... read more
- 14:59 Benefits Expert: How a son or daughter moving back home can affect...
- 14:58 13-year-old Doncaster girl missing from home
- 14:57 Abusive booze-fuelled reveller had to be restrained by police in a...
- 14:51 Biggest Weekend: Rita Ora pays tribute to Avicii
- 14:50 Liverpool legend makes damning prediction about Loris Karius...
- 14:49 French unions accused of 'passive complicity' in protest violence
- 14:49 Abusive booze-fuelled reveller had to be restrained by police in a...
- 14:45 Manchester United transfer target Mario Mandzukic wants Premier...
- 14:45 Fishergate bollard claims another victim with fuel spill
- 14:43 Abusive booze-fuelled reveller had to be restrained by police in a...
- 14:42 Colombia votes in first presidential poll since Farc deal
- 14:41 Abusive booze-fuelled reveller had to be restrained by police in a...
- 14:37 It’s time to ban phones from gym changing rooms once and for all
- 14:35 Prisoners are ‘throwing poo out of windows because there are...
- 14:34 England vs Barbarians live stream: Is Twickenham match available...
- 14:33 Johanna Konta vs Yulia Putintseva LIVE: British No. 1 begins French...
- 14:33 Police 'concerned for welfare' on missing Doncaster girl
- 14:32 Mutiny Festival cancels last day after two dead and 15 hospitalised
- 14:31 Delivery driver’s finger ripped off in horrific dog attack
- 14:28 Hundreds take part in Jarrow festival
- 14:22 Middle-class cocaine users ‘are to blame for gang deaths in London’
- 14:19 Winding pathways and tranquil spots and other Neighbourhood News
- 14:19 Spain struggling to deal with escalating migration crisis
- 14:19 Ethiopia to release British man held in death row since 2014
- 14:17 Damage caused as burglars target Bijou nightclub in Bingley
- 14:14 Tempting aromas of fine artisan food and drink draws in the crowds...
- 14:14 Elina Svitolina reveals improvement plan after first-round French...
- 14:12 Nabil Fekir: Liverpool transfer update issued by Lyon star on...
- 14:09 F1 LIVE: Monaco Grand Prix
- 14:08 Police 'concerned' about man missing from Wigan