Scientists hail 'remarkable' progress in bid to cure HIV
Scientists treating the 44-year-old patient are now hopeful of a breakthrough in what has been described as "one of the first serious attempts at a full cure for HIV".
The man, who has remained anonymous, is the first of 50 people to complete a trial using the two-stage attack on the deadly virus.
The research is being carried out by a collaboration of five of Britain's top universities organised by the NHS.
Mark Samuels, managing director of the National Institute for Health Research Office for Clinical Research Infrastructure, told the Sunday Times: "This is one of the... read more
- 17:03 Mum of brutal bully attack victim doesn't regret releasing shocking...
- 17:03 Is your desk job destroying all the good work you’ve put in at...
- 17:03 Rail users in the north west hit by 24-hour strike
- 17:03 All the memories come flooding back
- 17:03 What is Ed Balls Day? Everything you need to know about the sixth...
- 16:58 Juan Mata could play again this season for Manchester United
- 16:58 Sunderland AFC record £33million loss
- 16:58 Green campaigner Andrew Cooper set to stand in general election
- 16:57 These are the holiday destinations most likely to cause a break-up
- 16:57 Why you should make sure you ALWAYS take this item on a plane with you
- 16:57 Why the Royal Family will NEVER use these certain words
- 16:57 Elderly man found dead in public toilet
- 16:57 Chick this out!
- 16:57 Police appeal for witnesses to Hartlepool collision
- 16:57 Warwick Boat Club edge out Stratford in thrilling final
- 16:56 Tyson Fury posts emotional letter to his fans and family as he...
- 16:55 Revealed: These are the best loved brands in Britain
- 16:55 Michelle Obama: 'I won't run for office' for my children
- 16:55 Bullring fire: Room full of jewellery 'wrecked' after blaze at...
- 16:55 America's biggest orchards could soon use ROBOT fruit pickers, but...
- 16:55 Think YOU can tell the time? Take the test to see if a new...
- 16:54 ON THIS DAY: Severe weather alert of SNOW for Derbyshire
- 16:54 Man United set to table £17m bid for Jorge Mendes' client
- 16:54 New gym class consists of nothing but sleeping
- 16:54 Retired Notts maths teacher charged with sex crimes against...
- 16:54 Lola just weeks away therapy to improve life
- 16:54 Burka-wearing burglars target house in Leicester
- 16:53 Drivers warned to expect delays as holidaymakers take to the roads
- 16:53 56 interlinked chambers of colour and light in purpose built...
- 16:51 Concern for missing teenager Rio