Scientist admits his 'revolutionary' MS treatment is a SHAM after desperate patients came from around the world
An internationally-hyped multiple sclerosis treatment is ineffective, its inventor has finally admitted.
Dr Paolo Zamboni's so-called 'liberation treatment' claimed to alleviate pain and restore mobility for MS patients through an invasive procedure to reopen collapsed blood vessels.
This month, he published the disappointing results of a standardized trial, proving finally that the technique is 'largely ineffective.'
MS sufferers flocked to the treatment when Dr Zamboni introduced it, but other doctors have long been skeptical of it.
In multiple sclerosis, the immune system turns against... read more
- 13:11 A who's who guide to this Harry and Meghan official wedding photo
- 13:11 Mayor uses own deciding vote - to re-elect himself
- 13:11 Bristol City striker banned for spitting at Birmingham City ace
- 13:11 Victory for campaigners as housing plans for Sunderland's West Park...
- 13:11 Sunderland music festival backs forces veterans' support group
- 13:10 Mirfield's new mayor promises task force for a brighter future
- 13:08 What is a Humanist funeral? Dale Winton to be laid to rest at...
- 13:07 Melton friends set their sights on China trek for Dove Cottage
- 13:06 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 13:06 Family fun day for firefighter Stefan in Gainsborough
- 13:06 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 13:06 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:06 Man accused of launching "vicious attack" on his friend in a hotel...
- 13:06 Yorkshire rail strikes confirmed this week: What days will trains...
- 13:04 West Midlands Mayor Andy Street wants control of hundreds of...
- 13:04 2018 World Cup: Harry Kane named England captain - reaction
- 13:03 Millom Park Run members take on a different type of challenge
- 13:03 Barrow man banned from ringing 999 'unless in life-threatening...
- 13:03 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:02 Cheshire police boss backs campaign to tackle mental health issues...
- 13:02 DERBY FAN’S VIEW: disloyal Rowett is jumping ship when we need...
- 13:01 Arsenal new home kit for 2018/19: Check out Puma shirt for next season
- 13:01 BBC Coventry and Warwickshire presenter Bob Brolly suffers stroke
- 13:01 Police say missing Coventry schoolboy has been found safe and well
- 13:01 NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL: Orthodontist service expansion
- 13:01 Watch terrifying moment a cyclist is ambushed by masked gang...
- 13:01 Senior Catholic bishop convicted of covering up child sex abuse
- 13:01 Police give uninsured pregnant driver lift to hospital, then seize...
- 13:00 On the up! New indoor climbing centre set to open in Leeds
- 12:59 MP Richard Burden asks why Government failed to support Gaza inquiry