News from Science &Technology
You're not alone with wifi woes: Researchers find 45% of connection attempts hit problems - but say AI...
While it is an incredible useful technology, wifi can also be one of the most frustrating - and researchers believe they may have worked out why. Thousands of users have experienced the pain and annoyance of trying to connect to a network and being left
Why the world doesn't go dark when we blink: Researchers find our brain works as a 'steadicam' to keep our...
Blinking - everyone does it every few seconds, but why doesn't everything we see turn blurred or go dark every time we do? Blinking does more than keep our eyes wet - it actually helps keep our vision steady. Researchers have found that when we blink, o
For the first time, scientists have captured the elusive light scattering phenomenon that occurs when a particle travels at supersonic speed. This event, known as the Mach cone, is much like the sonic boom of an airplane traveling faster than the speed o
Donald Trump's FACE gives away his leadership style: Researchers say it shows an 'aggressive, dominant and...
Donald J Trump made an oath to be 'the People's President' today, but many Americans are still worried about what the next four years will bring. However, new research reveals that the way Trump will lead the country is written all over his face. Because
Trump's White House deletes all reference to climate change and gay rights from website as it takes the ax...
Donald Trump's new administration deleted swathes of Barack Obama's pet policies from the White House website hours after taking office. Deleted from the website were the phrases 'LGBT' rights and 'climate change.' A page in the issues section promoted a
The ultimate exam cheat: Socratic app can answer any question you point your phone's camera at (and you can...
A new app can give you the answers to your math homework and even explain how to solve it just by taking a picture. Called Socratic, the free app uses artificial intelligence to determine what information you need, and returns ‘explainers’ and videos to
Feeling lucky? Researchers reveal how far the 50 most popular cars in America will REALLY drive on empty -...
Nearly a million motorists a year break down because they have run out of fuel. However, researchers have found that the distance you can run on fumes greatly depends on the type of car you are driving. A new report suggests that if you usually forget
A nuclear power company has designed a 'modular' mini nuclear power plant. Each nuclear reactor could fit on the back of a truck, but would still be nine stories tall. The company behind the radical design says it is far safer, and each mini reactor con
Traditional TV networks are following Netflix's lead by releasing all new episodes of a series at the same time, a step to win over binge viewers who do not want to wait a week for the next installment. The move poses a direct challenge to Netflix and a
MIT and Harvard launch $27m initiative to 'advance artificial intelligence research for the public good'
Scientists have teamed up in a $27 million global initiative to ensure that artificial intelligence doesn’t turn against humanity. The MIT Media Lab and the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University are spearheading the effort,
Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 disaster was caused by 'irregularly sized batteries' and manufacturing issues
Samsung has revealed the problem that caused dozens of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones to catch fire, triggering one of the biggest and most expensive product recalls in history. A new report from the WSJ has revealed that the fiasco was caused by ‘irregul
The incredible anti-vibration material that could protect everything from entire buildings during...
There are 16,000 transfers of premature babies to medical facilities each year in the UK alone. The babies are often transported over large distances from rural to city locations over significant periods of time, in some cases two hours or more. The am
Robots will be able to sense when humans are nearby using electronic 'snake skin' inspired by viper attacks
Scientists have pulled inspiration from snakes to help robots detect when humans are near. The heat-sensing film has the ability to detect tiny temperature changes, and was inspired in the sensors a viper uses its skin to find prey. Researchers foresee t
From 25-foot-long lizards to 2-ton wombats, more than 85% of Australia's large wildlife died out 45,000...
Around 45,000 years ago, huge 1,000 pound kangaroos, 2-ton wombats and 25-foot long lizards roamed around Australia. But researchers have found that shortly after humans arrived in Australia, more than 85 per cent of these 'megafauna' species went extinc
The power that can shape a continent revealed: Study finds heat from deep in the Earth's core drives the...
They have the power to shape continents and create and destroy cities. Now, researchers have solved the mystery of how the Earth's tectonic plates are powered. Researchers say heat from deep in the planet's core drives the movement of the megaplates, in
- 08:40 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:37 Jose Mourinho admits Luke Shaw is going through a difficult period...
- 08:37 Belford man receives MBE
- 08:37 Don’t lose your vote when you move home
- 08:36 Antonio Conte organises peace meal for Diego Costa and Chelsea...
- 08:36 Do you want to support Help for Heroes?
- 08:35 Businessman ends up in court after thieves steal his shotguns
- 08:34 Verdict on safety of fire ravaged Barrow building due next week
- 08:32 Coatbridge footballer Mark Kerr tells the Albion Rovers players to...
- 08:31 Go-ahead for 16 homes on outskirts of Shrewsbury
- 08:31 Telford poisoner’s wife tells others ‘trust your intincts’
- 08:31 ‘Prime’ Ludlow housing land is up for sale
- 08:31 Tories dub Telford council leader 'Shaun of the Debt'
- 08:31 Shrewsbury police in extra patrols over reports of 'sexual...
- 08:31 £1,200 damage in vandal attack at Shrewsbury Quarry play park
- 08:31 Shrewsbury butcher's shop burglar jailed for a year
- 08:31 Ludlow's twin oaks await decision on chop
- 08:31 Shrewsbury drugs courier avoids being sent to prison
- 08:31 Shropshire hospitals ask nurses to put in extra shifts as demand on...
- 08:31 Oswestry bus routes changed to avoid roadworks
- 08:31 Shinal A464 accident blackspot: Traffic lights to stay longer
- 08:31 NHS bosses apologise to parents over Shrewsbury man's suicide
- 08:30 Horror bus crash in Italy leaves 16 dead after coach carrying...
- 08:28 Fun parties raise big total for school
- 08:26 Where to buy your own tea room in the West Midlands
- 08:25 Up to 16 dead after bus carrying students crashes and bursts into...
- 08:24 Kathy Secker's TV-presenter daughter Jayne opens up about how proud...
- 08:24 Burglar who targeted popular Tynemouth fish restaurant avoids jail
- 08:24 Amber's Law: Ball to be held in honour of 25-year-old cervical...
- 08:24 Author strikes gold with debut teenage novel