Schools closed and hundreds of Wirral homes without water after M53 leak
Schools have closed and hundreds of homes have been left without water due to a burst pipe on the M53 .
Stanton Road and Poulton Lancelyn primary schools, Brackenwood Infants and both Wirral Grammars are closed.
A spokesman for United Utilities said they have had over 200 calls to the centre for no water or poor pressure.
He said: “We’ve had a burst on a 12” water main that runs near junction 4 of the M53 .
“We’re in the process of moving water around our network to bypass the damaged pipe to help restore water.”
Five water on wheels tankers have been sent to the area to help keep taps... read more
- 12:04 Secretary of State to rule on ‘flood-risk’ former factory site
- 12:04 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:04 Manchester United face Griezmann competition, Rooney wanted and...
- 12:04 Where next for Kenilworth’s voters if Warwick and Leamington...
- 12:04 Man City defender Pablo Maffeo opens up about nerves vs Manchester...
- 12:04 Credit to Burnley company defending against card fraud
- 12:03 Bastian Schweinsteiger sends message to Man United players ahead of...
- 12:03 Which type of NOSE do you have? From the Nubian to the Hawk, expert...
- 12:02 West Ham ‘s London Stadium branded a ‘powder keg’ for trouble...
- 12:02 Sir Alex Ferguson lauds Arsenal star Alex Iwobi after winger’s...
- 12:02 Retiring Blackpool hairdresser’s permanent wave goodbye!
- 12:02 Fylde coast shale gas supply chain events planned
- 12:02 Highstreets hit as online retail rise continues
- 12:02 Hotel and pub fined over food hygiene
- 12:01 Tata Steel says European steel plans unchanged
- 12:01 11 things you’re now too old to do at Halloween
- 12:01 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:01 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 12:01 Tarporley hosts first inter-schools cross country event of the term
- 12:01 M&S opens pop-up Christmas shop in Leamington
- 12:01 Man in court over suspect North Greenwich Tube device
- 12:00 XV Beyond The Tryline: Watch EXCLUSIVE rugby trailer with Prince...
- 12:00 Tottenham snubbed by Uber over £20m-a-year deal: Picture of model...
- 12:00 This history of McNames - a Scottish surnames McA-Z
- 12:00 Plans to double the number of places at Wellingborough primary school
- 11:59 Diamond confident Cobblers will get Sixfields form back on track
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall
- 11:59 John Lennon letter to The Queen valued at £60,000 in Liverpool
- 11:57 Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan was humiliated by Jose...
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald