Schoolgirl who lost her limbs to meningitis can now play out with her friends again - thanks to electric car
A Liverpool schoolgirl who lost limbs to meningitis can now play out with her friends again after getting a brand new electric car for Christmas.
Amber Travers was just two-years-old when she contracted meningococcal septicaemia - a type of blood poisoning caused by the same bacteria responsible for the most common form of meningitis.
In a series of operations, doctors at Alder Hey amputated her left arm at the shoulder and her right above the wrist.
She also lost her right leg above the knee and the left below.
Amber, from Croxteth, has grown up using prosthetic limbs and enjoys a normal... read more
- 18:55 Mansfield woman jailed for 22 years over 'horrific' sexual abuse of...
- 18:55 20 years of flying with Kirkby's rocket man
- 18:55 Mansfield teacher Margaret turns 100
- 18:55 Older Mansfield shoppers are urged to take a seat
- 18:53 Millom businesses take advantage of £88,000 improvement grants
- 18:53 Should we expect Alexander Zverev to end 2018 as world No. 1 ahead...
- 18:52 After Victoria Beckham called a 'sourpuss' by Piers Morgan: Is this...
- 18:52 Dale Winton gets star-studded send off as Supermarket Sweep host...
- 18:52 Lost settlements of Loch Lomond traced by archaeologists
- 18:51 Andrew Tyrie won't take Conservative whip in Lords
- 18:51 Staff at Stapleford Park Hotel are told the business is up for sale
- 18:51 Bypass campaigner targets his 80th birthday as opening date for...
- 18:50 Chinese government 'considering scrapping limits on family size'
- 18:50 Mike Pompeo claims Iran carrying out 'assassination operations' in...
- 18:48 Huge blaze breaks out at South Yorkshire industrial unit
- 18:46 Huge blaze breaks out at South Yorkshire industrial unit
- 18:45 Perthshire nature reserve welcomes first osprey chick of 2018
- 18:44 Neighbours speak of shock and sadness as murder investigation...
- 18:43 Huge blaze breaks out at South Yorkshire industrial unit
- 18:39 Neighbours speak of shock and sadness as murder investigation...
- 18:35 Waterlogged garden and exposed wires in Woodford Halse new build...
- 18:34 Travel: Caribbean cruise Scotland on Sunday Travel - banish the...
- 18:34 Book review: The Neighbourhood, by Mario Vargas Llosa
- 18:34 UK urged to sanction 'top Putin oligarchs' as new powers take effect
- 18:32 Pupils dress up to celebrate the Royal couple
- 18:32 Dancing plastic surgeon who cut woman ‘like Freddie Krueger’ left...
- 18:25 Will VAR improve the World Cup?
- 18:25 Graham Potter interviewed for vacant manager’s position at Swansea...
- 18:25 Dom Bess relaxed and ready to make history for England against...
- 18:23 Trump admits North Korea nuclear summit 'may not work out'