Schoolboy robbed at knifepoint by masked thug
A schoolboy was robbed at knifepoint on his way home from school in West Derby .
Jack Smith, 11, was walking alone on Wednesday afternoon when he was approached by a masked youth on a bike on the corner of Yew Tree Lane and Grange Avenue.
The robber knocked him to the floor and held a silver flick knife to his throat, before demanding he hand over all of his belongings.
Jack had his mobile phone stolen in the incident and has had to take time off school to recover.
Read More Judge tells armed robber aged 14 he has been a "selfish" boy
His Dad, David Smith, 36, told the ECHO: ”It... read more
- 13:41 Could pole dancing become an Olympic event?
- 13:41 Donald Trump's net worth plummets after becoming US president
- 13:41 Sheffield school welcomes new dining experience
- 13:41 Wizz Air applies for UK licence ahead of Brexit
- 13:41 Sneaky pool players pocket money from Doncaster boozer during game
- 13:40 A Christmas Prosecco festival is coming to London this December
- 13:40 It’s not up to you to decide how able-bodied my invisible illness...
- 13:39 Seal pup 'blown over rocks' and onto beach during Storm Ophelia...
- 13:39 Robbers used knife and screwdriver in raids in Sheffield
- 13:39 Barcelona news: Southampton and Lille join hunt for Paco Alcacer
- 13:38 VIDEO: The night The Who fed war protesters in Lancaster - and...
- 13:38 Kevin De Bruyne in no rush to agree new Manchester City deal
- 13:37 Airline passengers not impressed by cabin crew holding a bizarre...
- 13:37 Terrifying footage shows a hiker in Iceland with no safety...
- 13:36 The man with a PhD in THREESOMES: British sociologist reveals how...
- 13:37 Eighties Echoes in Sheffield with Nick Heyward
- 13:37 English Open prize money: How much could snooker stars earn?
- 13:36 Online shoppers could soon need a TEXT to buy goods: UK government...
- 13:36 Neighbours spoilers: Shock death CONFIRMED in chilling new trailer
- 13:36 Riverdale season 2: Boss reveals more deaths to come in episode 2 -...
- 13:35 Year 3 primary school teacher faces jail for urging 'girl of 13' to...
- 13:35 Strong earthquake shakes Tonga - Pacific Ring of Fire on alert
- 13:35 From local website to a national franchise
- 13:35 Scots taxpayers pay "Wonga rates" on SFT schemes
- 13:34 Pokemon Go Halloween event 2017 UPDATE - Release date and Gen 3...
- 13:34 Avengers Infinity War: Will Doctor Strange create an alternate...
- 13:34 Family-run firm that employs hundreds of staff in Lincolnshire wins...
- 13:34 Body found in river is missing Derbyshire pensioner
- 13:34 Christmas is not cancelled in Old Town
- 13:34 'Excalibur' sword in stone stolen from Brecon Beacons