Schoolboy robbed at knifepoint by masked thug
A schoolboy was robbed at knifepoint on his way home from school in West Derby .
Jack Smith, 11, was walking alone on Wednesday afternoon when he was approached by a masked youth on a bike on the corner of Yew Tree Lane and Grange Avenue.
The robber knocked him to the floor and held a silver flick knife to his throat, before demanding he hand over all of his belongings.
Jack had his mobile phone stolen in the incident and has had to take time off school to recover.
Read More Judge tells armed robber aged 14 he has been a "selfish" boy
His Dad, David Smith, 36, told the ECHO: ”It... read more
- 04:18 Jayne Dowle: Potholes bring misery to drivers - something must be...
- 03:52 Austin bomb suspect left video 'confession' before he died
- 03:24 ABC and Guardian 'dead to me', says Dutton after South African visa...
- 03:16 Top 10 beaches in Maine
- 03:10 LSD's impact on the brain revealed in groundbreaking images
- 03:08 Congress unveils $1.3tn spending bill in bid to avoid government...
- 03:00 James Somerville-Meikle: Sporting shoots need the bridges with...
- 03:00 Steve Gillingham: Businesses must support push for deal
- 02:59 Top 10 beaches in St Kitts
- 02:55 Westminster Bridge attack victim's sister refuses to dwell on killer
- 02:43 Marielle Franco: Vivacious fighter shaped by the favela
- 02:43 Rutland County Council reaches compromise with Centrebus on Number...
- 02:40 South Africa and the fable of the Guptas
- 02:40 Was Israel prepared to kill a journalist to get to Arafat?
- 02:37 Australia joins UN condemnation of Cambodia but refugee deal remains
- 02:29 Joseph Mifsud: The mystery professor behind Trump Russia inquiry
- 02:29 The community of 2,000 people with 151 cases of sex crime
- 02:26 Justine Damond shooting: why did police refuse to talk to...
- 01:57 The Yorkshire Post says: Government is failing rural life -...
- 01:57 The Yorkshire Post says: Yorkshire success - Tourism worth £8bn to...
- 01:45 Australian critic of Beijing refused entry to China and deported
- 01:44 Peter Madsen describes ‘horrible’ and ‘insane’ dismembering of Kim...
- 01:27 Chronic fatigue trial results 'not robust', new study says
- 01:27 Tai chi recommended to fight fibromyalgia
- 01:19 Labour MSP Anas Sarwar slams Clyde and SFA for lenient treatment of...
- 01:16 Kim Wilde says aliens inspired her pop comeback
- 01:16 'Radical change' needed on countryside
- 01:16 A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- 01:09 Records bring promotion for Spenborough athletes
- 01:09 MILL ARCHWAY IS WHERE THE ART IS