School which let girls in after 500 years has been nominated for an award along with the headmaster that helped it happen
A "diverse" and "down-to-earth school" school in Nottingham has been nominated for an award along with its head teacher.
Nottingham High School was nominated in the Nottingham Post Education Awards for its "proud tradition" and "exceptional" year of results.
The school in Waverley Mount, was among the top 40 in the country following its 2017 results with sciences, economics and maths among the top marks.
In 2017, 50 per cent of grades at GCSE were at A*/8-9, which is showing an increase year on year, with 74 percent A*-A/9-7.
At A-Level, too, results... read more
- 05:31 Alder Hey rated 'outstandingly' caring in most recent inspection...
- 05:31 Brave police officers risked their lives to stop man falling from...
- 05:25 If your children have these names you can get into Legoland Windsor...
- 05:24 From Stonehenge to Iceland's Arctic Henge, by motorbike – photo essay
- 05:21 Birmingham Post Business Awards sponsors enjoy Belfry breakfast
- 05:21 'I trust him': Minnesota crowd split on immigration but refuse to...
- 05:16 Oldest Homo sapiens bones ever found shake foundations of the human...
- 05:15 England’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek wants bigger Chelsea role or may leave
- 05:07 'Let the adventure begin!' - What you had to say about the high...
- 05:07 Shocking pictures show the horrific places where homeless people...
- 04:43 Absolute Bowie celebrates the life of David Bowie at Burton's...
- 04:39 The Grimsby taxi drivers who have become unlikely icons of...
- 04:36 Jacinda Ardern #babywatch sends New Zealand media gaga
- 04:34 Hull man hacks victim's emails and calls them 90 times a day
- 04:34 Heart Awards 2018: How to nominate your unsung hero
- 04:27 Charlottesville organiser plans Washington DC rally
- 04:16 Tesco 'planning' discount chain to take on Aldi and Lidl
- 04:06 In pictures: Isle of Wight Festival at 50
- 04:06 Ed Sheeran: Travel and ticket warning for Cardiff concerts
- 04:06 Family's £15k debt from fight against Section 322(5) immigration rule
- 04:03 National Enquirer publisher subpoenaed in Michael Cohen inquiry
- 03:42 Research backs English as key to development
- 03:38 Trump at rally: family separation outcry is a distraction by Democrats
- 03:28 Sex, drugs and A&E: 10 charts on how the under-30s use the NHS
- 03:21 Donald Trump 'lacks character' for hotel liquor licence
- 03:21 Western Australia defends decision to search live sheep exporter's...
- 03:13 Daimler expects lower 2018 earnings due to new tariffs
- 02:57 Brexit: Theresa May vows 'smooth and orderly' EU exit
- 02:46 Sergio Ramos hits back at Diego Maradona by claiming Lionel Messi...
- 02:36 Algeria shuts down internet to prevent cheating during high school...