School nurses and health visitor services cut to save £700,000
CUMBRIA'S school nurse and health visitor services could be slashed as part of a radical plan to cut children's public health spending by more than £700,000.
One former public health director says that if the proposals are approved by Cumbria County Council it would be a “disaster” and send out a message that children in this county are not a priority.
Concerns have also been raised that the cuts would make the Success Regime's wider NHS plan - to focus on community healthcare and prevent illness - even less likely to succeed.
There are currently 11 full-time equivalent school... read more
- 15:48 A46 crash victim named
- 15:48 Sir Roger Moore dead: James Bond icon’s 10 FUNNIEST one-liners and...
- 15:48 Roger Moore: How many James Bond films did he make? What were they?
- 15:48 Roger Moore dead: Star thought he was ‘the WORST James Bond’ after...
- 15:47 Manchester arena blast: Liam Gallagher leads celebrity tributes
- 15:46 First victims of Manchester Arena attack named
- 15:46 Fires keep being started in woods, say police
- 15:46 Leeds United News: Garry Monk to extend contract as club target...
- 15:46 Irish lenders need to speed reduction in non-performing loans -...
- 15:46 Men arrested after Banbury stabbing
- 15:45 Sir Roger Moore dies: his best roles from James Bond to The Saint
- 15:45 Why Liam Payne 'struggled' over Cheryl's decision to name son Bear
- 15:45 Vic Reeves signs up for Coronation Street role
- 15:45 Downton Abbey star Hugh Bonneville has his say on possible movie
- 15:45 Heckles, applause and mocking laughter at Kenilworth and Southam...
- 15:45 Liam Payne set to top charts with debut solo single Strip That Down
- 15:45 These are the Manchester terror attack victims
- 15:45 Former CIA director says discussed election hacking with Moscow in...
- 15:44 Open Air Theatre shows to go ahead as normal following Manchester...
- 15:44 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:44 Radio 1 Big Weekend adds extra security measures after Manchester...
- 15:43 Scarborough student caught up in Manchester terror attack
- 15:43 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:43 Rugby to hold vigil instead of hustings
- 15:43 Delivery Hero set to list before summer break: sources
- 15:43 Fidelity to allow clients to see digital currencies on website
- 15:43 Can you help police find missing 16-year-old Kyra?
- 15:42 Ariana Grande fans claim their bags weren’t checked at...
- 15:42 EasyJet plane at Gatwick is evacuated due to ‘mysterious white powder’
- 15:42 Boris Johnson confronted by furious heckler over broken Brexit bus...