School nurse and health visitor services in Cumbria could be cut
One former public health director says that if the proposals are approved by Cumbria County Council, it would be a “disaster” and send out a message that children in this county are not a priority.
Concerns have also been raised that the cuts would make the Success Regime's wider NHS plan - to focus on community healthcare and prevent illness - even less likely to succeed.
There are 11 full-time equivalent school nurses working in Cumbria.
But a report by Colin Cox, Cumbria County Council's assistant director for health, care and community services, says the service is unsustainable because... read more
- 15:27 New-look conservatory has official opening
- 15:27 Islamic State looks to regroup in Libya after losing Sirte
- 15:27 Road safety groups condemn Transport Secretary Chris Grayling for...
- 15:26 ‘We must improve relationship with China’ announces Donald Trump
- 15:25 BREAKING: Police media call to try trace South Yorkshire man,...
- 15:24 Rare microscopic organisms discovered in Highland loch
- 15:24 A52 Brian Clough Way signs have gone missing ahead of Derby...
- 15:23 Have Chelsea wrapped up Premier League manager, player, and goal of...
- 15:23 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic insists he has club's support as he...
- 15:23 Promise to start work on Moseley to Birmingham city centre trains...
- 15:22 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
- 15:21 Hatchimals go on sale at Asda and it may be your last chance to get...
- 15:21 Man found dead in old Hull police station named as Tyran Donaldson
- 15:20 SMALL CAP MOVERS: ServicePower soars after takeover; CloudTag also...
- 15:20 Food and drink will get more expensive and choice diminish unless...
- 15:18 Teachers warn against schooling overhaul
- 15:18 Exercising in pollution bad for the heart
- 15:18 Tamworth's biggest panto gets underway this December in the Castle...
- 15:17 Nine things NOT to do at your work Christmas party
- 15:17 PICTURES: ‘Eyesore’ rubble piles appear off Derby Road
- 15:16 Dereck Chisora insists Dillian Whyte 'is the donkey and I am going...
- 15:16 Doncaster Business Awards 2016: Meet the winners
- 15:15 Church service for bereaved parents
- 15:15 12 top tips from Derbyshire fire service on staying safe over...
- 15:14 Shares in Britain's Capita fall further as investors shun strategy
- 15:13 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:13 Pig farmer found guilty of animal cruelty - pictures
- 15:12 Monte dei Paschi shares plunge on ECB reports
- 15:12 Streets near city school to be made 20mph zone
- 15:12 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site