School bans homework so teachers get more time
Homework is a strain on almost every teenager in the country – but not those who attend Philip Morant School and College.
The school in Colchester, Essex, has taken the bold step of banning homework, because of the toll it is taking on stressed teachers.
School bans homework and urges kids to play outside or read books Principal Catherine Hutley believes the new strategy will not have a negative impact on pupils, while staff will have more time to plan quality lessons.
She admitted teachers’ jobs have become ‘impossible’, and hopes the proposal will be a win-win for teachers and pupils.
She... read more
- 09:14 Variety of images triumph in competition
- 09:13 Premier League clubs on Facebook: Study reveals which teams post...
- 09:13 Man Utd News: Pogba for Neymar ‘swap offer’, Bailly trolls...
- 09:13 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:12 Paul Pogba sends classy message to ‘lion’ Zlatan Ibrahimovic after...
- 09:12 Bilel Mohsni determined to succeed at Dundee United and put...
- 09:12 Local and international artists exhibit at three-day Clitheroe art...
- 09:12 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:12 Elderly couple taken to hospital after lamppost crash
- 09:11 Decision made on controversial 150-home proposal for edge of Winshill
- 09:11 ALERT: Masked men spotted on CCTV trying doors in Sheffield suburb
- 09:10 Liverpool and Real Madrid target Alisson tipped to become world's...
- 09:11 Meet your 2018 Hartlepool Chippy of the Year winner
- 09:10 Tottenham 'join Arsenal' in battle to sign Jonny Evans for £3m if...
- 09:10 Germany take on Brazil in Berlin as England host Italy at...
- 09:10 Trojans U13 Warriors show desire in defeat to Normanton
- 09:10 Bands ready to put on acoustic show at Slam Dunk
- 09:09 Tackling Cumbria's childhood obesity epidemic is top of agenda at...
- 09:08 ALERT: Masked men spotted on CCTV trying doors in Sheffield suburb
- 09:08 How Trinity Leeds paved the way for a shopping revolution
- 09:08 Calls for Warwick District Council to release study into...
- 09:08 Traffic at a standstill on M621 in Leeds
- 09:08 What is it like to be in a driverless car? We put the first...
- 09:08 Mum FINED after autistic daughter, 9, missed school for charity ski...
- 09:07 Mum shares brutal Aldi warning and urges you to 'never' shop there
- 09:06 Lift finally back up in running at car park
- 09:05 10 of the best places to eat in Yorkshire
- 09:05 Task force set up to help homeless in Warwick district
- 09:04 Elderly couple taken to hospital after lamppost crash
- 09:04 Trio of burglars flee after Sheffield resident catches them red handed