Scandal-hit ambulance trust to be put into special measures
In a series of damning reports, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) detailed how patients had abandoned their telephone calls for help - particularly on weekends - due to problems at South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (Secamb).
The regulator also found serious issues with how staff were allocated to ambulances, meaning inexperienced or unqualified staff could be sent to patients, putting them at risk.
It found problems with ambulance handover times to A&E departments, with long delays impacting on the availability of vehicles for other patients. But it found... read more
- 07:44 Shock deal for Arsenal midfielder looks nailed on bookies claim
- 07:42 Scots urged to turn to tap to arrest plastic bottle scourge
- 07:42 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:41 Call for upskirting bill to include 'deepfake' pornography ban
- 07:41 Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- 07:41 Minibus carrying 16 passengers crashes into garden on A1028 in Ulceby
- 07:40 Day four of Burton Bridge roadworks gets under way - live updates
- 07:39 Vulnerable pupils abandoned by schools, head of Ofsted warns
- 07:38 Thieves steal from person's mobility scooter while parked in...
- 07:38 100th birthday celebration for Washington dairy queen Elsie
- 07:36 Patriotic Hartlepool DJ flying the flag for England in the World Cup
- 07:35 BAE Systems wins £150 million tank contract with US Marine Corps
- 07:34 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:33 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:33 Dad-of-10 who fled family after crash dies in prison during...
- 07:33 Bosses make humble public apology after worker got just...
- 07:30 Dixons Carphone sees big profits fall
- 07:29 M55 death crash driver jailed - heartbroken partner recalls...
- 07:27 Parks suffer as councils cut £15 million from green space budgets
- 07:27 Leeds drag and cabaret bar set to take show to another level
- 07:27 Leeds cycle ride to support clean air
- 07:27 Rugby fans to get first glimpse of new 10,000 seater stadium
- 07:26 Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez in 'secret agreement' to ruin...
- 07:26 Chelsea transfer news: Blues set to battle Villarreal over Napoli...
- 07:26 Don Your Way column: Abuse, angry complaints and an email to my...
- 07:26 Kidnap victims praised after foiled South Yorkshire bank robbery
- 07:26 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:25 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69 and more
- 07:25 RISE AND SHINE: Weather, travel and fun features to kick-start your...
- 07:25 Why did GWR slam the brakes on my bike booking?