Scammers use Facebook and WhatsApp for PayPal con
0 Have your say Internet fraudsters are using hacked Facebook accounts to help them defraud people via their PayPal accounts.
One victim reported lost £3,800 after being targeted by the deception.
According to Action Fraud, criminals are using unknown methods to hack into people’s Facebook accounts and sending messages from their to the victim’s contacts.
The messages use a variety of excuses, including eBay transactions, and ask for a target to receive payments through their PayPal account and then transfer it to another account of the scammers’ choosing.
Once the funds are transferred to... read more
- 19:39 Drones sent in to catch fly-tippers in the act
- 19:38 England U21 2-1 Romania U21: Jake Clarke-Salter enjoys dream debut...
- 19:35 Incredible bird lays two triple yolkers in one month
- 19:33 James Collins strikes for Luton Town and deepens Barnet woes
- 19:33 Paul Smyth winner puts late spring in Michael O’Neill’s second coming
- 19:30 Chilling images inside home where teenager made bomb planted on Tube
- 19:29 League One round-up: Stefan Payne strikes as Shrewsbury go back top...
- 19:29 League Two round-up: Marc McNulty hat-trick sees Coventry continue...
- 19:22 Two men in 20s shot outside Mile End tube station
- 19:22 Kit de Waal: ‘I read my first novel aged 22’
- 19:20 Liverpool bench can’t control laughter at John Aldridge tumble...
- 19:17 James Doyle jockeys’ title hopes in focus after Addeybb’s Lincoln win
- 19:17 PSG hold talks with Antonio Conte’s representatives over summer move
- 19:16 This is when the clocks change this weekend
- 19:12 Saracens 24-11 Harlequins: Liam Williams and Maro Itoje tries see...
- 19:12 Charlton boss Lee Bowyer challenges players to crash League One...
- 19:04 WEEKEND WEB: Order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time for Easter
- 19:03 When do the clocks go forward tonight, and why?
- 19:02 How Jose Mourinho’s rift with Paul Pogba started at Manchester United
- 19:00 When does the minimum wage go up 2018?
- 18:57 Michael Vaughan slams Steve Smith after Australia captain admits to...
- 18:54 'We have achieved nothing yet' - Coventry City boss Mark Robins has...
- 18:51 Carer sacked after filming Alzheimer’s sufferer crawling on floor
- 18:50 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:50 Two boys arrested after video captures commuter being brutally...
- 18:48 Spen Valley High School’s Mrs McConnell retires after 30 years
- 18:47 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:44 Unseen photographs of Beatles in US fetch £253,200 at auction
- 18:43 ‘Bankrupt’ Northamptonshire County Council paid CEO more than...
- 18:40 Woman rescued from car after crash in Wigan