Scales of Justice live: Wanted man fled after police were asked to take their shoes off
Every day dozens of defendants appear at Teesside Magistrates' Court .
Many of the charges they face are for less serious offences such as motoring and shoplifting . But as all cases start at magistrates' court, much more serious matters are also heard here.
Follow updates from today's proceedings below.
Key Events So Far 11:24 Ian Johnson-GAZ Lull in proceedings Bit of a lull in proceedings now as they are listing the names of all the defendants that have so far not turned up.
About a third of the 22 people listed haven’t showed yet. That’s not to say they won’t but if they don’t turn up... read more
- 06:20 Bot out, Ukip tells Putin, as pro-Russia tweeters attack Paul Nuttall
- 06:20 Court ruling due on challenge to minimum income...
- 06:20 Shrewsbury boss fined £3,500 over danger hoverboards
- 06:19 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:18 'The EU will END' Terrified European chief fears Marine Le Pen...
- 06:15 Former Manchester United FC star criticises FOUR current players
- 06:15 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:12 Thousands of tiny plastic 'nurdles' washed up on Hartlepool beach
- 06:12 Top sponsors for Sunderland students event
- 06:12 Camera helps catch Wearside flytipper
- 06:12 Sunderland paedophile snared by Dark Justice
- 06:11 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 06:11 Anthony Martial: Why my form was better under Louis van Gaal than...
- 06:10 Plans go in for Sikh temple in Kettering
- 06:10 Independent coffee chain set for expansion with new branches in...
- 06:10 Corby teacher named in top 10 in the world
- 06:10 Teen’s death leaves village in shock
- 06:10 Section of A61 in Chesterfield shut for hours due to 'incident'
- 06:08 WEATHER WARNING: Winds of up to 60mph to batter North West
- 06:08 Vandals cause bus disruption across city
- 06:08 Cycle track arrest of most wanted Morecambe man
- 06:08 Philippine minister doubtful of China row resolution 'during our...
- 06:07 Nurse who slept on duty is suspended
- 06:08 German Social Democrats still hard on heels of Merkel's...
- 06:07 Lancashire Police failing stress test
- 06:07 Woman threatened to 'petrol bomb' social services department in...
- 06:07 Blackpool: From the courts 22-02-17
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Gisela Stuart, Edgbaston
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Richard Burden, Northfield
- 06:04 Parliament Matters: Liam Byrne, Hodge Hill