Savings deals that you MUST ditch right away: Big bank rates set to fall as low as 0.01%... but you can find better
Today, Money Mail names the savings accounts and Isas you need to ditch right now.
A string of cuts in the pipeline will see rates on accounts offered by the big banks cut to as little as 0.01 per cent. At best, you will earn only 0.25 per cent.
Better rates — in some cases worth four times as much interest each year — are on offer from other providers.
More than seven in ten of us simply open a savings account with the same bank that runs our current account.
That approach worked when the big banks wanted to attract our money and touted top deals.
But now they don't want our cash — so... read more
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 08:06 Arnold teacher jailed for carrying out abuse at prep school
- 08:06 Nottingham Forest news and gossip LIVE: Reds under-18 side in FA...
- 08:06 'Superhuman' Robin Hood Marathon winner smashes world record
- 08:06 REVEALED: Winners of days 5, 6 and 7 in our festive bonanza...
- 08:06 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:05 State aid measures for Monte dei Paschi ready - sources
- 08:05 Alan Shearer to receive CBE from Prince William at Buckingham Palace
- 08:05 Thomas Cook buys Co-Op out from travel stores business for 56 mln stg
- 08:04 Anger as Telford drivers caught up in further delays with latest...
- 08:04 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 6
- 08:04 Aleppo's fall would be win for Russia, defeat for U.S. in Mideast
- 08:04 Liverpool eye Quincy Promes transfer to help cope with Sadio...
- 08:03 Trimming your pubic hair can have unwanted consequences
- 08:03 Cleaner mocked for staring at expensive jewellery showered with...
- 08:01 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 9: WIN! A laptop worth £150 courtesy of Miller...
- 08:01 Mother of Millom teen who died at Kendal Calling says drug booths...
- 08:01 Man who denies assaulting surgeon at Furness General Hospital set...
- 08:01 Barrow man accused of stealing more than £1,000 worth of goods from...
- 08:01 Barrow teen accused of possessing a knife blade in public set to...