Savings deals that you MUST ditch right away: Big bank rates set to fall as low as 0.01%... but you can find better
Today, Money Mail names the savings accounts and Isas you need to ditch right now.
A string of cuts in the pipeline will see rates on accounts offered by the big banks cut to as little as 0.01 per cent. At best, you will earn only 0.25 per cent.
Better rates — in some cases worth four times as much interest each year — are on offer from other providers.
More than seven in ten of us simply open a savings account with the same bank that runs our current account.
That approach worked when the big banks wanted to attract our money and touted top deals.
But now they don't want our cash — so... read more
- 05:18 Capitals beat Lightning to reach first Stanley Cup final since 1998
- 05:18 Celtics win again at home to put Cavaliers on brink in NBA playoffs
- 05:18 A snapshot of life on Yorkshire’s railways
- 05:13 'The Mediterranean diet is gone': region's children are fattest in...
- 05:11 Miles Kane: This is my Adele album
- 05:08 North Korea calls US Vice-President Pence 'stupid'
- 04:42 Trump administration launches vehicle import probe
- 04:35 Watch Hartlepool school children skip to it
- 04:29 Ariana Grande responds to sexist criticism about breakup with Mac...
- 04:29 Portnoy's Complaint review: exploring America’s sex-geography –...
- 04:24 British public
- 04:22 Ghost ships
- 03:46 Trump investigation of auto imports raises fears of new tariffs
- 03:43 Tom Richmond: New questions for Chris Grayling on Carillion HS2...
- 03:33 Wallabies prop James Slipper banned after positive cocaine test
- 03:20 Linda Burney admits interview transcript left out call for offshore...
- 03:01 Sterling Brown stungun arrest: Milwaukee police apologize to NBA...
- 03:00 Tom Richmond: New questions for Chris Grayling on Carillion HS2...
- 02:50 Liverpool news: Jordan Henderson warns squad ahead of Champions...
- 02:46 Sterling Brown: Milwaukee police release arrest video
- 02:31 Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk confirms price and specs for performance...
- 02:29 Jared Kushner granted security clearance after painful process
- 02:22 Itai Dzamara: The man who stood up to Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe and...
- 02:22 Palestinians face uncertainties over Abbas succession
- 02:17 Andrew Hastie's use of US intelligence over bribery allegation 'a...
- 02:11 Brazil diesel prices slashed in effort to halt strike
- 02:06 Brexit: UK's 'strong objections' to Galileo sat-nav exclusion
- 01:59 North Korea casts further doubt on summit and warns US of...
- 01:59 'You're not going to die': 911 transcripts from cougar attack...
- 01:44 Comcast in 'advanced stages' of 21st Century Fox bid