Saudi prince says women SHOULD be allowed to drive as it’s NECESSARY
Alwaleed bin Talal, 61, said the current situation was backwards, not just in terms of civil rights but also from a financial point of view.
He posted a letter on Twitter yesterday calling for an end to the long-standing ban.
He said: “It’s high time that Saudi women started driving their cars.
“Preventing a woman from driving a car today is an issue of rights similar to the one that forbade her from receiving an education or having an independent identity.”
He said driving was no longer a “social luxury” but “a necessity” - and also highlighted the financial benefits.
Allowing women to... read more
- 13:10 Why it is now harder to illegally stream football and movies
- 13:10 Undercover police sting snared 'predatory' man trying to incite...
- 13:09 How can we alter farming practices in upland Wales to ensure its...
- 13:09 ‘Homeless’ begging gang pictured getting out of car together before...
- 13:09 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:09 Paedophile David Sutton smuggles blade into Hull court dock on...
- 13:09 Arson investigation after elderly man's mobility scooter set-alight
- 13:08 Joey Essex just swore live on This Morning – because of a ‘f**king...
- 13:08 Lucas Perez wants to leave Arsenal ‘at any cost’, confirms...
- 13:08 £117k youth club windfall
- 13:08 New chief commits to action plan on rural crime
- 13:07 Footage shows scuffles outside ground as Mansfield Town lose at...
- 13:07 Roe v Wade: plaintiff's death highlights weakening of abortion...
- 13:07 NHS trusts overspent by nearly £900m
- 13:06 Police probe 100-man brawl in city centre
- 13:06 Can you help this mother find her late son's lost artworks?
- 13:06 Is former Birmingham City hero Paul Caddis about to find a new club?
- 13:05 LETTER: Beakers were not just limited to Batley!
- 13:05 Shigellosis: Everything you need to know about this highly...
- 13:05 Fizzy drinks spark liver disease warning
- 13:05 Particles from outer space ‘wreaking low-grade havoc on mobile...
- 13:04 Confue on target but Town fail to take maximum points
- 13:04 Grammar school 'would be a waste'
- 13:04 Skiing soldier slaloms his way to glory
- 13:04 Port Vale v Bristol Rovers: Call for police and steward conduct probe
- 13:03 Yorkshire weather: Winter set to return with high winds, cold...
- 13:03 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reacts to Marcus Rashford's...
- 13:02 Enormous numbers may still complain about PPI, says ombudsman
- 13:02 Stun gun and CS gas found in search of car in remote Grantham lane
- 13:02 Russia says four soldiers killed in Syria - agencies