Santorini at BREAKING point as island struggles under influx of tourists
Santorini is a popular choice for Britons wanting a cheap break away to a beautiful island.
However, the Greek destination is struggling to cope with the influx of travellers it has welcomed over the years.
This year alone, nearly two million tourists are set to visit it, says figures reported from The Guardian.
Yet this is also putting pressure on the island itself.
The other side of the idyllic holiday destination is the local community, who are still suffering from the fallout of the economic crisis.
Having hit Greece hard, 23 per cent of its citizens are unemployed and struggle to make... read more
- 03:41 Kevin Pietersen ‘really surprised’ by England batsmen James Vince,...
- 03:41 Eden Hazard insists Chelsea need to adapt quickly to compete with...
- 03:31 The best Amazon Black Friday laptop deals 2017 on Samsung, ASUS...
- 03:29 Burberry: How Christopher Bailey rescued the brand with the...
- 03:24 Trump-Russia investigation: Michael Flynn's lawyers 'split from Trump'
- 03:18 Jimi Manuwa EXCLUSIVE: David Haye called out by UFC star - let’s...
- 03:18 Bargain World set to close less than a year after opening
- 03:11 Manus Island: Buses of refugees leave former Australian camp
- 03:05 Conor McGregor receives big call out as Nurmagomedov slams champ
- 02:53 We want our garden back, says couple
- 02:53 F1 news: Daniel Ricciardo reveals 2018 plans and reveals what he...
- 02:53 Salvation Army counting on bank staff to make a difference
- 02:53 Journey’s end for railway station.
- 02:44 Champions League draw: Who can Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool Chelsea...
- 02:44 Bernard Tomic offered Australian Open wildcard chance… but he...
- 02:38 Ronnie O’Sullivan: I am glad I haven’t won £1million
- 02:38 Eight 'North Korean fishermen' wash ashore in Japan
- 02:36 VOTE: What’s your biggest motoring bugbear?
- 02:36 7 brilliant Nottinghamshire Instagram accounts that you need to follow
- 02:36 Concerns for Nottinghamshire’s home schooled children
- 02:36 £295 court bill for £15 of cannabis in Mansfield
- 02:36 Drunk Worksop wedding guest borrowed car and ended up on pal’s lawn
- 02:36 Notts child sexual abuse reports increase
- 02:36 Jail for banned driver who walked out of Mansfield court and drove off
- 02:36 Is it too soon to put the Christmas decorations up?
- 02:36 The best Black Friday deals 2017
- 02:36 Win family ticket for panto
- 02:27 Are mince pies too boozy for children?
- 02:27 Empty homes spike in London commuter belt
- 02:27 'Sadistic' couple jailed for campaign of child abuse