San Marino fans mock England and Argentina after scoring against Norway... but plea not to concede seven in the next game with Germany
European minnows San Marino sparked scenes of celebration on Tuesday night when they scored against Norway in the second half of their World Cup qualifier, momentarily tying the game at 1-1.
Mattia Stefanelli rounded off a San Marino counter attack by lashing into the top corner from inside Norway's penalty area after 54 minutes, pulling his team level after team-mate Davide Simoncini scored an own goal in the first half.
And for a while, it appeared San Marino could get a result.
San Marino celebrations for scoring a goal kill me read more
- 00:12 Brexit: French financial regulator wooing London banks
- 00:11 Tamil Nadu faces political vacuum after Jayalalitha's death
- 00:11 Why has this Nobel winner been ignored for 30 years?
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...
- 23:32 Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials
- 23:25 Ohio legislators pass restrictive abortion bill, citing Trump victory
- 23:24 Arsenal fans lose the plot as Alexis Sanchez is linked with Chelsea
- 23:22 'Liverpool have a great chance of winning the Premier League...
- 23:16 Harry Kane targets Europa League success after Tottenham finally...
- 23:14 ECB to extend asset buys, may debate signal about when it will end
- 23:13 West Ham target PSG ace Jese Rodriguez in January