San Diego police release Alfred Olango shooting videos
Police in the US city of San Diego have released two videos of the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man outside a shopping centre on Tuesday.
The footage shows two officers confronting Alfred Olango before one of them shoots him dead him in a car park the suburb of El Cajon.
The police said the man had been behaving erratically at the time.
But his mother said he was having a mental breakdown and needed help.
The shooting of Mr Olango, a Ugandan refugee, led to violent protests in El Cajon.
Alfred Olango 'pointed e-cigarette'
US police shootings: How many die each year?
Why do US police... read more
- 10:04 Victoria Gate: One year on from Leeds's shopping revolution
- 10:04 Mix of painkillers caused Wigan dad’s death
- 10:04 Warwickshire charity trains more than 1,000 people in life-saving...
- 10:03 OPINION: ‘Nottingham prison deaths are tragedies. We should care...
- 10:03 Stanage Edge gets new Neighbourhood Watch
- 10:03 10 fines at the dentist... that weren't fine
- 10:03 New Church of Scientology to open in Birmingham this weekend
- 10:03 Lancashire recommends... dare devil activities
- 10:03 Ex-RAF hero leaves troubles on the runway at Blackpool Airport
- 10:03 Revealed: How utility firm blunder led to flooding of North...
- 10:02 Lima Sopoaga set for long-awaited return to the New Zealand...
- 10:02 Neymar announced PSG move to his Barcelona teammates at Lionel...
- 10:02 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 10:02 Trader to be sentenced for selling Kodi TV boxes in North Yorkshire
- 10:02 What will the weather forecast be like for Bonfire Night 2017?
- 10:02 Steve Bruce: Aston Villa must erase Wolves defeat; Fulham are a...
- 10:02 Mary Berry, Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins reunite for Christmas show
- 10:02 Birmingham pub bombings: Judicial review in fight to name alleged...
- 10:02 OPINION: ‘Nottingham prison deaths are tragedies. We should care...
- 10:01 Families’ gifts are the new benchmark of love for Moulton Chapel’s...
- 10:01 Trader to be sentenced for selling Kodi TV boxes in North Yorkshire
- 10:01 Russia tells Trump: Take back nuclear weapons and STOP World War 3...
- 10:01 Approval for affordable homes for single people and couples in Peak...
- 10:01 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 10:01 Czech election: Billionaire Andrej Babis poised to win
- 10:00 Where is Storm Brian and where in the UK will it hit? Mammoth waves...
- 10:00 Cheryl says she 'hated' being pregnant but baby Bear has given her...
- 09:59 Pupils get a lesson in what life is like behind bars
- 09:59 Travellers ‘not linked’ to rise in Brid burglaries
- 09:58 Nazi gets punched (and hugged) at white supremacist event