Samsung Vietnam says no cuts in jobs or exports this year despite Note 7 woes
Samsung Vietnam will maintain its current staff numbers and its exports target this year, the firm said on Wednesday, despite the parent company scrapping its flagship Galaxy Note 7 phone following a series of battery fires.
Samsung Electronics, which employs around 110,000 people in Vietnam, finally pulled the plug on the new Note 7 phone on Tuesday, less than two months after its launch, dealing a huge blow to the business as a result of unresolved safety concerns.
But Samsung Vietnam said it has no plan to lay off employees in 2016 as a result of the parent company's crisis and predicted... read more
- 17:23 Wasps: Kyle Eastmond could face Northampton Saints, Joe Simpson may...
- 17:21 Ilkeston engineering firm celebrate multi-million pound gas contract
- 17:20 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp backed to complete goalkeeper deal
- 17:18 Stollers £3m clearance marks the final stage of refurb
- 17:18 Residents in Dalton bemoan 'horrendous' parking situation
- 17:18 'Beyond belief': Brexit app for EU nationals won't work on iPhones
- 17:18 L'Enclume food award win is fantastic news for Cartmel, says...
- 17:18 Pin-prick test will determine baby's gender just EIGHT WEEKS into...
- 17:18 Hartlepool United fans fall short in goal to win cash on ITV gameshow
- 17:16 Derby County vs Cardiff City - what the result will mean for Aston...
- 17:16 This is what Aston Villa players think of the new kit deal
- 17:16 Thousands of faulty wheelie bins across Solihull are splitting apart
- 17:16 Spaghetti Junction breakdown causes chaos for commuters
- 17:16 YouTube prankster Jake Paul could be sued for £2.5 million by...
- 17:16 Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her past ‘intimacy issues’ and...
- 17:16 Scarlett Johansson reveals floral back tattoo on the Avengers:...
- 17:16 Woman, 21, hit in face with glass or bottle at student club night...
- 17:15 Luke Shaw ready to run down his Manchester United deal to leave for...
- 17:14 Cartmell Shepherd officially opens new office in West Cumbria
- 17:14 Jail for transgender beautician who assaulted police constable
- 17:13 Israel scraps plan to forcibly deport African migrants
- 17:13 Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! The top 10 beachside holiday...
- 17:13 Palma becomes first Spanish city to ban property owners from...
- 17:13 Reports from the court
- 17:13 Clear space on your dressing table – RuPaul is releasing a...
- 17:10 Leeds's Turtle Bay allowed to trade later despite police concerns
- 17:10 Emergency fix after cable fault in Spalding
- 17:10 MEP urges support for PM as she negotiates Brexit
- 17:09 Explore art after hours with Museums at Night
- 17:09 The 13 most annoying things about living in Great Barr